The past two days have been filled with studying for both of us. Nothing too exciting going on…
However, I realized there was something I never posted! I don’t think I ever wrote about the coqui frogs!!! I love coqui frogs! I loved hearing them every night during all three visits to Puerto Rico. So I was really excited when we moved here and discovered that we have coqui frogs here too! They are super tiny frogs and they make the neatest sound at night and after it rains. It sounds like they are saying “coqui.” (pronounced ko-kee) The Puerto Rican legend is that coqui means “I love you.” I think that is partly why I like the little guys so much! (I even bought a rainforest CD once in Puerto Rico and loved listening to the coqui frogs…we even listened to them sometimes in my classroom! The kids loved them too!)
I recently learned the legend of the sand dollar! On the front of the sand dollar, there are four nail holes and a fifth one that represents Christ's death on the cross. You will also see an Easter Lily. At the center is the star that appeared to the shepherds. The Christmas poinsettia is etched on the back side. The five white doves inside represent peace.
I was completely fascinated by this! I grabbed a sand dollar to check it out! Sure enough, it’s all there! But I couldn’t bring myself to break one to find out about the doves inside! I was curious, but couldn’t do it. Well…I was walking across the room to put the sand dollar back and the rotating fan blew it off my hand! It fell to the floor and broke! So I searched inside and sure enough, there are little doves inside! Absolutely fascinating!!!! I hope you can see it all in the picture…The front side of one is showing, the back of another, and two little doves from inside the broken one! Neat!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment