I went for the walk this morning and it was SOOOOO HOT!!! I was struggling and totally worn out by the end of it. Must have been the heat because I’m usually fine. Yikes!
Then I went grocery shopping in Philipsburg…or at least attempted to! I tried to make a quick stop at Kwik Bargains first because I wanted another laundry basket. It was closed! Ok, weird, but didn’t think too much of it. I went to Cost U Less and stocked up on a bunch of stuff in bulk. Then I wanted to go to Grande Marche for basics like milk, yogurt, cheese, veggies, and fruit. It was closed too! So I drove all the way over to Cole Bay and that Grande Marche was closed too! I passed by Gourmet Marche on the drive home and it was closed too! Definitely not my day for shopping!!! Oh well, at least we got some stuff! And we’re both really excited about the new granola bars I bought…granola with dark chocolate chunks and peanuts…yummy!
I am very proud of myself tonight! I read a chapter in the Bible every single day. Today I am exactly halfway finished reading the Bible!!!!! And the cool thing is, I started reading it exactly 2 years ago today!!!! Neat!!!! (I read a little extra the past couple of days to make this happen!) I love this Bible…it’s the “Student Bible for Catholics.” I like it because the language is easier to understand and it even has footnotes to explain things. Phillip picked it out and gave it to me for a birthday gift. What a neat gift! My Bible has definitely seen better days. It is taped all around the edges because it was falling apart. The cover and first few pages are all bent. The last 100 or so pages are all wrinkly from when it got wet. And I love it that way. It shows character and shows that it is well used! I just hope it holds up for 2 more years…
We are completely worn out. It’s 8:50 here right now and I’m headed to bed. Phillip went to bed at 8:35. We’re hoping to get caught up on sleep! I have to supply tomorrow…
No comments:
Post a Comment