Saturday, May 16, 2009

Long Day

We got up this morning at 4:45 am and left at 5:30 for Louisville airport. The guy checking luggage was super nice to me! One bag weighed 54 pounds, but he marked it as 52 pounds and didn’t make me take anything out! Nice!!! The other was 51.5 so it was ok. Thank goodness for that! I hung out with Mom and Dad as long as I could beside the security checkpoint. We finally decided I better go. It was so hard to say goodbye! I hate that part!!!! I was stuck there for awhile because they had to search my carry on. The scanner did NOT like Phillip’s medical equipment, so they had to take stuff out and look at it. They finally approved and I was on my way. I got to my gate just as they were supposed to start boarding. Instead, I saw a long line that wasn’t moving yet! I figured people were just getting ready to board and I had a seat to wait. About 3 minutes later, they announced that the flight was CANCELLED! We were supposed to get in line so they could reroute us! I borrowed a nice guy’s cell phone and called Mom and Dad saying maybe they wouldn’t want to leave yet! The line took forever and when it was finally my turn, it took her forever to decide what to do with me! She checked other airlines and multiple cities! She couldn’t get me anywhere early enough to catch today’s flight to St. Maarten. So she finally decided to fly to me to Charlotte tonight and have me stay in a hotel. Tomorrow’s flight to St. Maarten was already overbooked though, so she booked me to San Juan for a layover, then to St. Maarten. So it will be another long day.

On the bright side, Mom and Dad were waiting for me and we left the airport to hang out together for awhile. (I had several hours free.) We went to Taco Bell for a really really early lunch. We were all starving though since we didn’t have much for breakfast, and it was super early when we had it. Then we went to Horseshoe Casino and played slot machines together! We weren’t winners, but it was fun! We went back to the airport and got a KFC bowl to share. (We didn’t have much at Taco Bell, knowing we were planning to get something small at airport too…they gave me a voucher for lunch and dinner free because of my cancelled flight!) We had fun talking and people watching till it was time for me to go through security again. It was hard saying goodbye again…geez, twice in one day! (Was very glad to get to spend extra time with them though!!!!!) They took forever searching through my bag again because they had new workers by this point and so they had to check out Phillip’s medical equipment too! (I think he owes me for that! Haha!) I went to Quizno’s to spend my dinner voucher. I got a veggie sandwich and a bottle of lemonade and stuffed them in my backpack to save for later!

This time the flight was delayed about half an hour, but we did finally get to Charlotte. I had to claim my 2 huge suitcases! Too bad they couldn’t just forward them on for tomorrow’s flights. Oh well, they arrived just fine and I somehow lugged them with me while I went to get on the hotel shuttle. The hotel is old but my room is super clean and appears to have new carpet and a new comforter even! It’s pretty nice! I enjoyed my free sandwich…it was soooo good! And I’m so glad the hotel has wireless internet so I could play on the computer tonight! Hopefully I’ll arrive safely in St. Maarten tomorrow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment