Monday, May 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Phillip!!!!!!!!!!!!







I got up at 4:30 again yesterday. (That was 3:30 TC time!) I haven’t had enough sleep the past few nights! Saturday night was my first experience staying in a hotel room by myself! (I think it was also my first time having a king size bed with 5 fluffy pillows all to myself!) The shuttle at 6:00 a.m. was very crowded and it left a little before 6:00. I was very glad I got up early and was out there waiting with all my bags ahead of time. Getting into the airport and through the check in line was not so much fun with 2 huge rolling bags, a small rolling bag, and a backpack. (I now have a nice bruise on my arm thanks to those bags.) Luckily I didn’t have too far to go! They didn’t care that my bags were overweight since Louisville had approved of them the night before. (I was a little worried about that!) When going through security, I told the guy ahead of time about Phillip’s medical equipment in the bag. He thanked me for telling him. I honestly figured he’d still have to open it and check it anyway, but he didn’t! So I was actually already walking to my gate by 6:20a.m. I couldn’t believe how quick the whole process went! They gave me vouchers for breakfast and lunch. I got an egg and cheese biscuit and a bottle of orange juice. I ate on the plane when they gave out the free sodas. (So glad they started giving out sodas again! We were sad when they took those away for awhile. Must have been too many complaints because they brought them back pretty quick! Ha!) I was in the 32nd row, so it took forever to get off the plane in Puerto Rico! I had forgotten how big that airport is!!!!!! I didn’t have much time, so I was speedwalking from one end of the airport all the way to the other end!!! I checked in at the counter and they ripped up my ticket and printed a new one for me. (They changed airlines for this plane…my original was for US Airways, but we really flew American Airlines. I thought that was odd.) I quickly found a restroom and then got “lunch.” Mini pizzas and sandwiches were all $9.75 and my voucher was only for $5.00 so I decided to just get a Cinnabon! Hehe! They were started to board so I ate it in like 3 minutes, then boarded the plane! Not much extra time there, but it worked out fine. I got through customs in St. Maarten in about half an hour, which wasn’t bad. I didn’t have too many problems getting through, which was great! My luggage all showed up and a guy helped me out with them! I was soooooooo happy to see Phillip there waiting for me as soon as I walked out!!!! I missed him!!!! I tipped my helper and we headed outside. It was HOT!!! Poor Phillip lugged my heavy suitcases up the stairs! He headed back to school to study and I eventually made myself unpack. (I still have a few things laying around…guess I’m dreading trying to figure out where to put them in this tiny apartment!) Phillip came home for dinner. I think he was happy to have a hot meal waiting for him again. ;-) Then he went back to the library to study. He has been there every day the past couple of weeks. I think he only came home for quick meals and to sleep!

Today is Phillip’s 29th Birthday!!!! Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband!!!!!!!

I got up early this morning and left pretty soon after he left for class. I had to go to the store to buy eggs. I brought a funfetti cake mix and funfetti icing from home. That’s his favorite! I made the cake this morning and used colored pencils to decorate a couple of bags to use as gift bags. He was surprised to see the cake when he came home for lunch! He isn’t really getting to celebrate much today though because he has been in the library studying again all day! This evening, I went to school with slices of cake for him and a few friends who were also there studying. I think they were excited to have cake with us! (It was very good cake…glad I managed to find room in my suitcase for the mix and icing!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment