Oh I forgot to put in yesterday’s blog that there was another earthquake! It was yesterday morning at 4:30, but Phillip and I both slept through it!!! It was a 3.8!
UGH…electricity was out last night from around midnight till 2:30. It was soooo hot trying to sleep. It took me awhile, but I eventually did fall asleep. I think the heat kept Phillip awake even longer though!!! We were planning to get up at 7:00 for church and take a friend with us. But Phillip needed more sleep so he could be ready to study today and our friend called and said he couldn’t sleep either because it was so hot, so he wanted to sleep in. I didn’t want to drive across the island and go by myself, so I went back to bed too! I was really glad though, I was so tired still!
Phillip studied at school ALL DAY! I worked on my paper here and got to 15 pages! (I need 20). Not bad for two days! Julia and I went to church in Simpson Bay at 5:00p.m. It was great to be there again! I love this church!! At the end of Mass, Father said he had some announcements. One of them, he said wasn’t meant to offend anyone, but that we need to respect everyone’s culture and he wanted to remind the ladies that showing shoulders or backs is not appropriate in church! He said he has had complaints from some of the ladies that too many people are showing their shoulders. (Thank goodness I was wearing short sleeves, not a tank top!!!) Julia and I had not heard this rule before!!!!! Another friend told us that in Rome, they enforce this rule very strictly. If you are showing your shoulders (or your knees there!) they give you a poncho-like thing to wear into church. If you don’t want to wear that, you can’t enter the church?!? Craziness!!!!!
I got Subway for dinner and took it to school so Phillip didn’t have to take time to come home. It was delicious!!!! Block 1 tomorrow…Good luck to Phillip! He has studied hard!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment