Phillip got up early this morning to do some last minute studying! I got up and went for the walk again! I was sooooo tempted to sleep in since I stayed up way too late studying last night, but I was good and made myself go!
Phillip was once again very excited when exams were over!!!! We celebrated by going out to lunch. We didn’t get to go out for his birthday since he was studying all day, so wanted to make sure to today! We went to Pineapple Pete’s in Simpson Bay! We got Fish N Chips. It was yummy! Then we went to school for the “clap ceremony” for the first semesters. It’s a tradition that all of the upper semester students meet in the Rotunda and clap for the first semesters to celebrate them finishing their first medical school exams! This is a corny way to try to explain the feeling…but it was very moving! The first semesters are all so happy, yet a little embarrassed! I wasn’t there for Phillip’s, since it’s a surprise for the first semesters, so we didn’t know ahead of time! It was very cool to see! The school also provided food and drinks, so we each got a turkey sub and a coke, which we brought home with us since we had already had lunch! (The FREE subs made a great dinner! Hehe!)
After that, we met several friends at the beach! It was great to be at the beach again! Phillip hadn’t been since he’s been back here and neither had I! It was a great afternoon! This evening, we are being lazy and just enjoying spending time together! It’s a welcome change!!!!!!!
Yesterday was one of those days when I would have liked to be in Indiana! Brian’s high school graduation party was yesterday! (Brian, that I used to babysit for!) Sure wish I could have gone! Mom went though, and I’m very glad she did!!! :-) Congratulations, Brian!!!!!!
Mom and Dad have been picking lots of strawberries from Dad’s garden! And Mom has been making strawberry pies!!!! YUM! Sure wish I could be there to help them eat strawberries too! Hehehe ;-)
Tomorrow, we’ll be getting up early and going to the airport! We are both volunteering for a disaster drill! The airport has one every couple of years and schedules it the day after blocks on purpose because that’s the best possible time for students to miss class. One of the professors who is in charge of this program is writing to each professor to ask them to excuse the students who are volunteering! So Phillip will miss classes tomorrow for the first time!!!!!! We went to a meeting at school last week about this program. I will be a victim and Phillip is actually helping to oversee the event! They asked for 50 volunteers to be victims and 2 to oversee the project. Phillip has experience in this area from grad school, so talked to the professor about it and she was very excited to have him help! So we should definitely have an interesting morning! We will try to take some pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment