Friday, May 15, 2009

Where did the time go?????????????????

Last Friday, Mom and I made sea glass necklaces! Fun! I brought home 15 pounds of sea glass that Phillip and I picked up on Grand Case Beach in St. Maarten. We found some of it in St. Barths too. Mom and I searched through it and picked out good pieces, then added charms and made them into pendants for necklaces. They are really neat! Friday evening my cousin Julie stopped by for a couple hours. It was fun talking to her and catching up on everything!

Saturday, we took Grandpa with us and met Uncle Gene, Aunt Laura, and Julie in Rockport at Grandy’s for lunch. We stayed and talked for almost 3 hours…great seeing them! Then we took Grandpa and went to church at Leopold at 4:00 and to take flowers to my Grandma’s grave there. They were pretty purple flowers on a white cross! Saturday evening, we had Taco Bell and played more Shanghai afterwards. (I love Taco Bell!!!)

Mom and I spent Mother’s Day together and made cards! I was so glad to be with her for Mother’s Day!!!! We enjoy “Stamping.” Most people create scrapbooks, but a friend of mine got me hooked on making homemade greeting cards…and then I got Mom hooked! It’s so much fun! Dad took us to King Chef (Chinese buffet) for dinner. Delicious! Then we came home and played more Shanghai! Tina stopped by for a few minutes to drop off Pokey and Speedy. I was so excited to get my turtles back for a few days!!!

Monday, Mom and I went for a bike ride and then Tina came to hang out that afternoon. We talked forever, looked at some pics, and enjoyed dinner together at the Mexican restaurant. It was great hanging out with Tina! I miss her!

Tuesday, Mom and I went for a bike ride and Aunt Betty and Curt had just gotten here when we got back from our ride. Good timing! They brought a container of asparagus and a container of STRAWBERRIES from their garden! I was sooooo excited that they had strawberries ready. I figured they’d all be ripe right after I left. I got lucky!!! They were so sweet to bring me their first strawberries!!!! The strawberries were absolutely delicious!!!! I LOVE strawberries. Store bought berries just don’t even compare to home grown ones!

I went to visit Mark, Teresa, Brian, and Kevin after school. I used to babysit for Brian and Kevin! Saying that I babysat does not begin to explain how I feel about this family though…I always said they were my second family! I absolutely love these little boys…I say little because that’s how it feels they should still be! Haha! We wanted to surprise Brian so didn’t tell him I was coming. I was there waiting when he got home from school. Brian is graduating high school this year and Kevin next year. Kevin is so tall now!! Hard for me to believe how much they have both grown up!!!!! I really enjoyed seeing both boys and talking to Teresa and Mark!!!

Wednesday morning, Mom and I went out and dug around in the mulch of her flower garden searching for a worm for the turtles. We found one that was a couple of inches long. Pokey ate the whole thing!!!!! It was so funny to watch him eat it! (This is the turtle that used to be terrified of worms and would take off in the other direction!!! Too funny!!!!) We dug up another worm for Speedy since Pokey gobbled down the whole first worm!!!

After the worm incident, I went to Evansville again. I stopped at a couple of craft stores to get more of the black rope stuff that we use for the necklaces. Then I went to Dexter Elementary to see Penny!! It was so great to see her! Penny is the one who introduced Phillip and I. She just knew we’d be perfect together! :-) Then I went to Harwood and visited some more with teachers there. It still feels like I should be there…so nice to see everyone! Jessica and I went to Hacienda for dinner and sat and talked for like 3 hours! It was fun hearing all the school gossip that I’ve missed out on!!! I ate tons of chips, salsa, and ranch…an absolute must for Hacienda! It sounds crazy, but it’s wonderful!!!!

Yesterday, we played more Shanghai, went on another bike ride, and started packing my suitcases! Packing took longer than you would think. I am taking back lots more summer clothes…some new and some from storage here. I’m also taking some food, medical equipment that Phillip needs for classes, and textbooks for my next classes. As long as I keep the suitcases under 50 pounds each, I’ll be ok! Mom fixed the best dinner! She coated chicken in a ranch seasoning and baked it and made a pasta primavera dish…it had noodles, asparagus, peas, mushrooms, and tomatoes. Delicious! I’m sure going to miss her cooking!!!!!! Then we went to Aunt Betty and Curt’s house for a game of Mexican Train Dominoes! This is another game that we love! (Mom, Dad, and I did play a game of this earlier this week too!) We played dominoes, then had strawberry pie that Aunt Betty had made with some of her fresh strawberries. Awesome!!!!!!!!

Mom and dad fixed biscuits and gravy this morning! Yum! Then Dad and I spent the morning at his “farm.” I enjoyed seeing his garden and his cabin, which has the couch and table/chairs from our apartment in Evansville! It looks great! I went four-wheeler riding while Dad worked in his garden for awhile. This afternoon we played Shanghai, then Mom and I went to see Grandpa and went to Walmart for a couple of last minute things. Then we all searched outside in the flower garden for worms for the turtles. Speedy ate a whole grub worm and a small piece of a worm! And Pokey ate a whole worm again! Little piggies!!!! It was so funny watching them eat the worms!! They sure eat a lot more than they used to! Then we played another game of Shanghai! Mom fixed another delicious dinner and then we put the rest of my stuff in the suitcases! I’m a little over the 50 pound weight limit on each, but I’m hoping they’ll be nice to me and not make me take stuff out!!!!

I really enjoyed my time here with Mom and Dad!!! We played 17 games of Shanghai!!! (I won 7, Mom won 6, and Dad won 4! Hehe!) We also ate lots of good food! I am excited to go back to the island to see Phillip!!! But I am also very sad to leave Mom and Dad again! It was so fun being home with them!!! My flight is tomorrow at 8:20a.m., Tell City time, out of Louisville. I have a 40 minute layover in Charlotte, then will arrive in St. Maarten at 3:15 (which is 2:15 Tell City time).

No comments:

Post a Comment