Thursday, May 7, 2009

a week's worth of fun...

Wow, it’s been forever since I’ve updated. We had a lot of fun in the past week!

Last Thursday, my parents took us to Pizza Inn for lunch. It was great! Then we drove to Evansville and did a little shopping before heading back to Phillip’s parents’ house. Then Friday, Phillip and I went with his parents to Chicago to see a Cubs game! We left around 5:45 a.m. and didn’t get back till 1:00 a.m. It was a very long, but fun day! It was rainy and cold at the game, but it finally stopped raining and then we were able to enjoy it more. Theriot hit a grand slam, which was absolutely awesome to see! The crowd went nuts! Cubbies won, so we got to sing at the end of the game. “Go Cubs go, go cubs go. Hey Chicago, what do you say? Cubs are gonna win today!” :-)

Saturday we went with Kristy to the Evansville Zoo! Phillip and Kristy hadn’t see Amazonia yet. It’s really a neat section of the zoo! Definitely worth seeing! It was great to spend the afternoon with Kristy! Then we went out to eat (at Old Chicago…Phillip’s favorite) with all of Phillip’s family. Fun!!!

Sunday we went to Holy Rosary Church!! It was so good to be there again! Felt so normal!!! Then we all went to Phillip’s Grandma’s house for lunch. From there, we went to see Linda, and then PaPa. We had to get in all the last minute visiting that we could! Then back to pack up all of Phillip’s stuff and say our goodbyes to Phillip’s family…sad! It went way too fast! Then we drove back to Tell City to spend the night at my parents’ house. We all got up super early and left Tell City at 2:40 a.m. to drive to Louisville for Phillip’s 5:30 a.m. flight! I was soooooo sad to see him go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m glad to be staying here longer, but wish he could have too!

Mom, Dad, and I all took naps when we got home! I was so glad to hear from Phillip later that day and hear that he made it back ok! His plane landed in St. Maarten an hour late though because when they were taxiing down the runway to leave Philadelphia, they had to return to kick someone off the plane (Phillip thought maybe he was drunk…lovely!) That evening, Mom and I cooked together! It was fun! We made a recipe that I had years ago and loved! I’d been wanting to make it ever since then! It’s a salmon and potato recipe. We had a bunch of salmon frozen from when Dad and I went salmon fishing last summer with Phillip and his parents! It turned out great!!!!! I absolutely loved it! The salmon was frozen in a huge chunk and we couldn’t get pieces off of it, so had to unthaw the whole thing. That meant we had a lot of salmon to use soon!

Aunt Betty, Curt, Aunt Jeanie, Uncle Mike, and Brooke came over Tuesday evening and we actually fixed the exact same meal for everyone! It was sooooo good the first time, and we had tons of salmon to use, so figured might as well! We also had fresh asparagus with it, which made the meal even better! (Earlier that day, I rode my bike to Grandpa’s house. I wore a backpack so I could take him a Tupperware container full of the leftovers from the night before. So he and Uncle Gene got to have some salmon too! It was fun riding my bike over to visit Grandpa!)

Wednesday, Mom and I went to Evansville. We had lots of little things to buy and/or do. We had a lot of fun and were constantly on the go! We went to 19 places!!! (stores and restaurants) We actually didn’t spend that much money either, but did get everything crossed off of our list that we needed to do!!! We ate lunch at a new Mexican restaurant called Nieto’s. It was really good! We had dinner at Chick-Fil-A! I love their chicken sandwiches!!!! We were worn out when we got home, but not too worn out to play a game of Shanghai with Dad!!! :-) (It was also the first day of Phillip’s classes!!!!)

Today, I read a chapter and a half in my textbook. I have all of my other assignments posted now. (I did several ahead of time!) So now I need to finish reading that chapter and start on the next 2 assignments. I’d like to finish them soon, but don’t want to stop goofing off in order to do it! I’ll just have to study hard when I get back to St. Maarten! Mom, Dad, and I played 2 games of Shanghai tonight! LOVE that game!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment