Thursday, April 2, 2009

Garfield!
















I enjoyed the walk with the girls this morning! I’m glad I got to go once this week! I enjoy supplying lately, but I really do miss the walks!!!

I left at 1:00 this afternoon and went to Nagico in Simpson Bay. I was able to switch the insurance to the new car for only $5.00!!! We ordered a new license plate in February for the old car. They were actually all supposed to be replaced in January I think it was. But they were late arriving on the island. They just arrived…figures…after we sold the car! We picked it up today and asked them what to do. She said as long as I took the plate to show when I did insurance and the inspection, and then took it to the government office also, we could use that plate. At least we didn’t waste $178 on the plate then! After switching insurance, I was going to go to Philipsburg to get the car inspected. Then I remembered we had no windshield wiper fluid. That’s one of the things they check. So I drove home, put water in it, then drove to Philipsburg! I got the car inspected on my own! (Yeah, I know, no big deal really…but I hate dealing with car stuff, so I was proud!!!) Anyway, I passed the inspection! The right reverse light was burnt out so I was afraid he wouldn’t pass me. But he did! Thank goodness! Then I asked directions to the government office. The guy only halfway spoke English, but I thought I understood where he meant. I drove around that area and couldn’t find it so gave up and headed home. I passed Cost U Less and Grande Marche on the way home, so stopped at both and majorly stocked up on food! It had been awhile since a major shopping trip! It was nice sticking the boxes in the back part of the Atos. It holds more than I thought it would. The Atos drives great!!!! I felt totally fine, even driving by myself. (I hated to in the old car…never felt safe!) It drives so smooth, starts right up, and doesn’t make any terribly loud, weird sounds! Very nice!!! Oh and the radio even works!!!!! Major plus!!!!

I think we have adopted a cat. His name is Garfield and he's bright orange! Everyone around our apartment complex knows him. I just now heard kids outside yelling “hi Garfield!” He LOVES to lay on our balcony chair. He also sits at the door and meows. He would love to come in...but I don't think so! He looks clean (unlike the strays around here) and is so friendly. He walks right up to people. He's really cute! I gave him a little of my tuna a couple times lately and I think I have made a friend for life!!!! hehehe! I heard he belongs to a lady in apartment 315, but that he usually goes wherever there is food. Can’t really blame him for that! This week, he has been spending several hours a day on our balcony. It’s actually a nice place for him to hang out…it’s shady and pretty nice there most of the time. He disappears then for several hours and ends up coming back to spend the night sleeping on our chair. Too funny!

2 comments:

  1. Awww! I've thought about adopting an orange cat. I'd name him George. But Simon really doesn't take well to other cats. And Mom says I already have the equivalent of 2 cats... I'm lying in bed typing. Simon's perched on my dresser looking down at me.

    ReplyDelete