OOPS!!! I didn’t even realize until this afternoon when I had messages from 3 people saying that I didn’t post a blog last night! I totally forgot about it! The sad thing is, I was actually convinced that I had done it. I think maybe I dreamed that I did! How sad is that?!?!? For those of you that check the blog all the time, thank you! It means so much to me that so many family and friends read this to keep up with our lives!!!! We love you all!!!!
Yesterday morning, I went on the walk with the spouses! It was so hot! I think I’m going to have to look for a water bottle with a strap when we’re in Indiana. Several of the girls have these and just wear them like a purse while walking. 4.5 miles is a long way with no water and will be worse in the summer I’m sure!
Phillip and I went to McDonalds for lunch!!!! This was only our 3rd time eating at McDonalds here! Impressive huh?!?!? We also paid rent while in Simpson Bay. Then we went to Philipsburg to the Government Office. We had to wait in line for about 40 minutes to do a “vehicle change” so that we could use our new license plate on our new car. Got that taken care of! And Phillip actually found a reverse light in the car, down by the spare tire. We figure surely it was the old one and wouldn’t work, but we were wrong! He put it in and it worked! Nice surprise! So the only thing left is changing the license plate. Easy right? No, of course not! Since we have French plates, they are riveted on so that no one can steal them!!! French plates never have to be changed, so it’s ok to permanently attach them to the car. But since we live on the Dutch side, we need to have Dutch plates. So I guess we’re going to have to see if Charles (our mechanic) can switch the plates. We’re just praying that we don’t get pulled over before then!!! Ok, actually that we NEVER get pulled over, but especially not before then!!!
Since we were already in Philipsburg, we went over to the Del Sol stores and got a couple more free bags!!! (We went into the Sapphire Resort the night before and got a bunch more coupons for them!) Phillip managed to get a different design for one of the bags even. So we now have 2 that match and one different one. Fun! Then we went to Cost U Less and carried in all 3 jars of disgusting, moldy spaghetti sauce. They were actually very nice about it. He told me to go get three more jars and that he’d replace them for me, but that we had to open one there to make sure that it was ok. I agreed happily because at least I was getting it replaced. However, I thought that was pretty stupid, because it’s not like every jar was moldy. We’ve had good ones from there too. So the other 2 could still be moldy. Oh well. At least he replaced them!!!
When we got home, I changed quickly into tennis clothes and left to meet 5 friends at the tennis courts. All 4 courts were full!!!!!!!!! We couldn’t believe it! There’s usually no one there! Guess all the AUC students are enjoying having a little more free time before finals! Students were playing on 3 of the courts and locals on the 4th. So we waited at least 45 minutes till a court was open, then just took turns with 4 of us playing at a time. We didn’t play any games, just hit around. It was still fun though, and good exercise!
I was so tired by the time that I got home! Guess the walk, running errands all afternoon, and then tennis wore me out! I fixed us a late dinner, did dishes, and then went to bed really early! I got 9 and a half hours of sleep last night!!!! It was so nice!
Phillip’s class didn’t start till 8:30 today!!!! He really enjoyed the extra half an hour of sleep!!! Today was his last day of classes too!!!! That means he has nothing until the Anatomy final next Friday and then the MCB final the next Monday. Getting close!!!!
Alicia called this morning to see if I wanted to go to the beach with her mom. I said yes and hurried to get ready because she was coming 20 minutes later. I had a quick breakfast, put on my swimsuit and tons of sunscreen, and packed my beach bag! We went to Great Bay and looked for shells. She found some big conch shells there in the past. We didn’t find any of those, but did find lots of pretty shells! Then we went to Little Bay to swim. It’s such a great beach! I had never been there before. It’s at a resort and you have to go through a guard shack to get in. If you tell them you’re headed to the beach though, they have to let you in because all of the beaches are technically public. It was nice! The water was very calm, so it was a great place to swim. She also showed me that inside the resort (called Divi Little) there are tourist books that have coupons in them for free jewelry in Philipsburg! They also had a few of the Del Sol coupons, so she got some of those too! We were close to Front Street when we left the beach, so decided to go ahead and see about getting some free jewelry! We did get earrings and necklaces for free! They are actually really pretty even! We were pleasantly surprised!
Tonight, Phillip and I are going (and taking 3 friends in our car too) to the Full Moon Party! It’s in Friar’s Bay and is supposed to be a huge beach party. Apparently there will be a band and a bonfire. We aren’t sure exactly what to expect, but we’ll see! (You’ll get to read about it tomorrow night…doubt I’ll blog again tonight since it’ll be late when we get home!)
No comments:
Post a Comment