Saturday, April 4, 2009

Kim Shaw Beach

It was a terrific day!!! (For me…sorry, not for Phillip…he studied all day!) I feel guilty enjoying the day so much when he is stuck studying tons!! I think all the spouses feel this way. Seems like we usually goof off even more on these study weekends so that we’re gone and out of their way! So this morning, we went to a sale on campus, but didn’t stay long. I got a volleyball for one dollar though! Nice!!! There’s a volleyball net set up at the beach. We’d love to play sometime!

Then we went to Kim Shaw Beach, in Simpson Bay. There were 6 of us girls, and one baby there! I hadn’t ever been there before. It was nice. I mean, the beach isn’t fantastic or huge or anything, but there are tons of boats anchored there, so that was neat to see. It was so calm, barely any waves at all! And a little restaurant there has free beach chairs, so it was nice to have chairs instead of just laying on towels in the sand like usual. We stayed for about 3 hours. Fun relaxing morning hanging out with the girls!

This afternoon, I made myself do my first assignment!!! I had to write and post a discussion based on the first assigned reading. Glad the first one is done! The next assignment is a 4-5 page paper and is based on the same reading. So technically I could get started on it soon. But I can’t turn it in till I receive the grade from the first assignment. They want us to be sure we know what we’re doing each time before doing the next assignment. I’m just so glad I have one done already!!!!

This evening, Julia came over and just hung out and talked for an hour or so, then we played Wii!!!! She had never played one before! We had a blast! We played Carnival, Mario Kart, and bowling! Tons of fun!!!! She left around 10:45 and then Phillip got home from the library at 11:00. Perfect timing. Only one more yucky day of studying for Phillip, then exams Monday. (Then a day or 2 to goof off before studying for finals!)

No comments:

Post a Comment