Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Too Much Fun?!?





































Yesterday, Phillip’s final was from 8:00 – 9:12am. During his exam, I met Heather from next door. Her fiancé is finished, so they’re leaving the island! And she gave me more stuff!!! I got all kinds of goodies including food, books, school supplies, etc. I couldn’t believe how much it was, so had to take pics of the goodies! (I cannot believe she’s leaving…I will miss her!)

As soon as Phillip’s final was over, we all went to Alicia’s for a few drinks! (Yes, we know it was REALLY early! But they deserved to celebrate!) We took our 3 “Vodka Dews” and everyone really seemed to like them! No one drank a ton considering what time it was, but it was fun to hang out and have a little!

Then Phillip and I went to Merigot for a couple hours. We went to a couple stores and drove to find the church there. It’s a neat church. We walked around inside and outside and took a few pics. We also stopped by the ocean and took a pic of me holding up a good luck sign for my Harwood kiddos! Can’t believe they’re about out of middle school!

Then we went to the airport, trying to help out a friend of a friend, who was flying in to surprise someone! While there, we had lunch and totally enjoyed the free refills of Mountain Dew! Quiznos in the airport is one of the very few places on the island with free refills!!!!

Scores from the morning exam still weren’t posted, so we went to school to ask the professor. We had heard he was telling grades to students who stopped by. He told Phillip that he had a “random number generator!” Phillip responded “I hope mine’s good then” and the prof kinda smiled, as if thinking good answer! We were pleased and went to the beach to meet some friends and celebrate! (We took the rest of the Vodka Dew and definitely drank some while playing in the ocean! The pics of us drinking IN the ocean are pretty funny!)

We got up super early this morning and picked up Alicia. We went to Grande Case to look for sea glass! We took snorkels along this time and what a great idea!!!! We found a TON today and had so much fun! Then I took Scott and Willow to the airport at 11:00. Willow isn’t coming back to the island till June 20! They are getting married May 30th, so she’ll be wedding planning for awhile, then is staying even a little longer for a friend’s wedding. I will really miss her!

We had a quick lunch (trying to use up food we have here!) and then went to Philipsburg for the afternoon. Phillip was excited to goof off and look around the stores. He hadn’t spent much time doing this yet. We were also planning to look at cameras. My little one just wasn’t working well anymore! We still love his Cannon, but it’s big and we like to have a small one also. It’s nice to be able to put a small one in your pocket sometimes! Anyway, we totally splurged and bought an adorable (turquoise colored) tiny little Cannon and even got a waterproof case for it! Nice!!!! We can take it snorkeling and even scuba diving! Then…we splurged again. We bought a ring!!! I wear a fake wedding ring here and well, my walmart ring just wasn’t holding up that well. It had a loose stone and just didn’t look that great anymore. (I’ve worn it a ton the past year and a half though…I originally got it for things like playing tennis…times when I didn’t want to take any chances of hurting my real ring!) Anyway, at Tanzanite International, I was offered a great deal on this ring last week when my friend Hetal and I were looking. He said he’d still give it to me at that price if I brought my husband back. (It was half price!) So we got it too! YIKES, no more Philipsburg shopping for us!!!!

We stopped a couple places during the drive and took some great pics today! This island sure is beautiful!

This evening, we had to pack! We’re going to St. Barts tomorrow!!!! We managed to get a good deal on a hotel for a couple of nights, book a rental car, and arrange to go by ferry!!! So we leave tomorrow morning and will not get back till Friday evening. That means no blog for awhile…I’ll catch up on it later and hopefully have lots of great St. Barts stories!!! (Please say some prayers that I don’t get seasick on the ferry!!! Thanks!!!!)
· NOTE - “Limitless” is the Victoria Secret Yacht! It’s here a ton! Crazy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment