Saturday, April 18, 2009

Our Security Officers

Phillip studied at the library this morning. I finished my paper at home. We had lunch. Phillip studied at the library this afternoon. (See a pattern here?) I tried to read, but was so tired of reading that I did anything and everything around the apartment that I could think to still be productive but not have to read! Ha! I did meet Charles (our mechanic) and he changed the plates on our car for us! Now we officially have everything done for the car finally. Watching him take of the French plates was pretty amusing! Those things were on there permanently all right! He had to break pieces away in order to get them off. I say them because you have to have a license plate on the front and back here! We kept the French plates for souvenirs! He was making a lot of noise pounding away at the license plates and I was really excited to see our security guy appear very quickly to check on me! Even after I said hi, he stood there for a few minutes watching. He stayed till he saw me hand Charles the new plates. Once he realized what was going on, he walked away. I am so glad that he came to check on me. I seriously appreciate our security officers!

Phillip (you guessed it) studied in the library again tonight. I went over to Adventura, where Alicia and her mom have been staying and did our laundry for FREE!!!!! It was sooooo nice to be able to do laundry for free! Amazing feeling! I didn’t get home till 11:00 and still had to put everything away, but it was so worth it! Better get to bed though…up early tomorrow for church!

Oh I had a Pepsi for breakfast today!!!! That was the first caffeine I’ve had since before Lent! I was planning to wait for a Dr. Pepper on the plane ride home in a WEEK, but Phillip commented yesterday that he wished I’d drink it so it would be out of the frig. (It’s been in there forever!) Didn’t exactly take too much convincing to get me to give in and have caffeine, did it?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment