Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ice Cream Social

Phone woke me at 8:00 this morning and Cathee said “can you come in today?” Normal time to be there in the mornings is around 8:10ish. I wasn’t really thinking straight yet and said “UUUHHHH” and then finally got the words out, “what time do you need me????” At this point she starts laughing and says “Oh yeah, she doesn’t have class first period!” That meant I didn’t have to go till around 9:30, so I agreed. (She laughed about it later and said she should have ordered me to be there in three minutes! Ha!) I had high school English and French today. It was ok. I did get some reading done for class, which was very nice!

After supplying, I made cupcakes to take to Heather’s. Then Phillip and I went to school to punch all of his MCB notes. I don’t know what to call it. It’s this little machine that punches tons of holes all down the left side of the papers. Then a black binding thingy goes through all the holes so that they are bound together. It works great and will be so much easier for him to study and keep his notes organized. We just bought the black binding things at an office store the other day. Very nice!

We came home for a quick dinner, then went to Heather’s apartment. They were having people over for an “ice cream social!!!” That’s right…we had ice cream tonight! YUM!!!! She went all out…even bought waffle bowls, chocolate syrup, and cherries!!!! Someone else made brownies and we took the cupcakes. Delicious! Ice cream tasted sooo good! Oh, and these cupcakes are absolutely perfect! It’s the one thing I can actually bake in this oven! They’re devils food cupcakes with dark chocolate icing. Simply amazing! (The cupcakes say 350 degrees for 17-22 minutes. Mine turned out perfect at 320 degrees for 12 minutes!!! Weird huh?!?)

We actually don’t have any more plans for a few days now. Very excited about that I must admit. Phillip needs to study and I am very anxious to do the next section of my class. I really like this whole work at your own pace thing and would love to fly through a couple sections this week. Guess that depends on how many days I end up supplying though…

No comments:

Post a Comment