Last night, Phillip was upstairs in bed a few minutes before me. I was sitting on the couch reading the Bible and heard a really loud POP!!!! It was so loud that he heard it upstairs even though the airco and a noisy fan were on up there! I was almost positive it was the water heater! (After realizing that, I actually really think the pops earlier were from the water heater too. I just couldn’t figure out where they were coming from!!!) Turns out, it was true…or at least we’re pretty sure that’s what we heard. Because sure enough, NO HOT WATER AGAIN!!!!
Phillip got up super early to do a little extra studying this morning! Willow and I met a real estate agent at 10:00 this morning to go look at an apartment. I am sponsoring a couple who is moving here in August and they wanted me to take pictures of this apartment for them. The real estate agent is friends with my landlady, so I had met him before. He’s really nice! We liked the apartment and are pretty sure they will probably move in there. The August class is supposed to have close to 200 students coming! The Spouses Org already knows about 20 spouses/girlfriends/boyfriends coming along with students! That’s a ton!!!!!
After that, Willow and I went to Simpson Bay. I drove, so we got to check out our airco…it works!!!! Sweet!!!!! We went to the card shop…I had this crazy idea to ask if they’d sell some of my handmade cards there. She loved the St. Maarten cards! She told me she couldn’t pay what I wanted, then changed her mind and said she’d just buy six of them and then call me for more if she sold those. Great!!!! So then she asked how much she owed me, I did the math and told her, and then she went back to the whole “that’s way too much” thing! To prove to me it was too much, she explained that she makes a 50% profit on everything and doesn’t sell cards for more than $3.95 in her store! She picked out a few cards to prove her point. She didn’t have her glasses on, so asked me to look at the price on the back. The first one was $6.95!!!! She said “oh well that one just costs more.” The next one was $4.95!!!! Then she said my cards didn’t compare to those anyway! She’s the one who chose the cards because she wanted to compare them to mine!!!! So anyway, she only wanted to give me $1.75 per card so that she could sell them for $3.95. (Ummmmm one of us can’t do math very well and I’m pretty sure it’s not me. 50% profit????? Try 55.7% profit!) Anyway, I thanked her for her time and told her no thanks. Willow and I both thought she was nuts! She agreed to buy a few, then backed out, compared my cards to some of hers, then said they weren’t comparable! Crazy lady! I’ll just keep my cards, thank you very much!!
I got home around 11:00 only to find out that the electricity was out again! Lovely! I was very excited when it came back on at 11:50 though. (The spouses always joke that the boys just don’t understand how rough it is with no electricity. It happens almost every morning, while they’re in class freezing in the airco! We’re roasting in our little apartments and can’t even get in the frig much for cold drinks since that would let the cold air out of the frig. Frustrating! Anyway, they are lucky because it’s usually back on right around the time they come home for lunch!)
Phillip’s tests ended at noon and he was so happy they were over! We had lunch here and relaxed for awhile. Then we picked up Willow and her husband Scott at 2:00 and headed to the Sonesta Maho Resort pool!!! It was a wonderful, relaxing afternoon! We even went over to the bar during happy hour (two for one drinks) and each had 2 frozen drinks!!!! Phillip had strawberry daiquiris and I had banana daiquiris. Yum!
This evening, we straightened up our apartment and just enjoyed hanging out together! Phillip’s parents and Aunt Vicki arrive tomorrow and we are so excited! We have lots of fun things planned!!!! They are staying in Palm Court, an apartment complex less than a block away from us. We got them a great deal!!!! (50 bucks a night!!!!) They arrive tomorrow afternoon! Hooray!!!!
I am trying to work on my final tonight, but am having a really hard time getting motivated. I want to finish it tomorrow morning…not looking good at the moment, but we’ll see!
No comments:
Post a Comment