Monday, July 6, 2009

Ears

Kitten was still here this morning! Phillip named her Ears because of those crazy big ears! Ears is so darn cute and just loves attention. We kind of fell in love with that little kitten! So the score is Kitten 1 – Garfield 0. Haha! Garfield disappeared sometime during the night and hasn’t been back since! Can you believe that tiny little kitten scared Garfield away??? Crazy cat!

When I headed out for the walk this morning, I returned Ears across the street with her sister one more time! Then I took off running, so Ears couldn’t follow. I got back from the walk and no Ears! Wow! I couldn’t believe it! I wanted to do a little laundry, so came upstairs, got the laundry ready, and took it down to the car. I realized I had forgotten my textbook. I wanted to study while waiting on laundry, so came back up to get it. I got back down to the gate and there sat Ears, just looking up at me and crying. Ears then tried to follow me to my car, so I had to run again to lose her.

The electricity went off right before I left to do laundry. I was talking on the phone with my Dad…so much for that phone call! It’s always interesting talking to someone, because the phone calls get cut off fairly frequently! Phillip met me in the dorms (where I was doing laundry) after his classes were over. I only had a few minutes left, so he waited with me and then we came home for lunch. Ears was back again and ready to play! Phillip was cracking up watching Ears play with that silly fake plant on our balcony! Hilarious!!!

Willow and I went to the pool this afternoon. I studied and she read. When we left the pool, she came up to see Ears. She wanted to see what happens when I try to return Ears, so we tried AGAIN! This time, Ears sprinted back across the street and was on my side before I was! Pretty funny! Willow and I were standing there talking and I noticed a guy across the street looking around the area where the kittens are usually. So I asked if he was looking for the kittens. He said yes and I told him “there’s one over here.” He said “That’s my kitten!” I couldn’t believe it! So I grabbed Ears and took her over to the guy. Turns out he’d had her inside for awhile, then tried putting her back out with her Mama and sister. That obviously didn’t work because the Mama didn’t take her back and then she came looking for us! Willow and I told him how she won’t stay with Mama and keeps coming up to my balcony. He seemed surprised. Anyway, I think/hope he took Ears back inside because I haven’t seen her since. Now I just wonder if Garfield will ever come back or if Ears ran her off for good????

After the whole kitten incident, I came back upstairs to discover that electricity was out again!!!!! It was soooooo hot in here since the place had been all closed up while I was gone. So I went back to the pool and swam 40 laps!

Then I came back, showered in the dark again, and called Phillip to suggest Pizza Dan’s for dinner. (Pizza Dan has a generator, so gets lots of business when electricity goes out around here!!!!) We met there and shared a margarita pizza. (cheese pizza). It was delicious!!!! I certainly like all of his weird pizzas, but it’s hard to beat his margarita pizza…it’s definitely one of our favorites! Then we both went back to school to study. I only stayed there for about 40 minutes though because I heard electricity was back on and I wanted to walk home before dark. It gets dark at 7:00 here! Isn’t that awful???? (It was around 6:00 during the winter!)

No comments:

Post a Comment