I woke up this morning because the electricity went out and it got too hot to sleep! So I gave in, got up, and then the electricity came back on about 5 minutes later! I was really excited that it came back on so quick though!!!! I was supposed to meet Willow at the pool at 10, but it had rained twice by then already! At 9:50, it brightened up and looked great again though, so we decided to go anyway! It rained two more times while we were at the pool! Lucky for us, it only rains for about 5 minutes at a time. So we waited under the big umbrellas each time! Then we came back to my apartment and made deviled eggs! Yum!!!!
This afternoon, I read some more in my textbook and then got ready for church. Julia picked me up for church at 4:40. We have a new Priest here! (Our 2 usual Priests are still here, but we have an extra one here for a few months.) His name is Father Miguel and he is from Mexico. Apparently they do Communion completely different there! He dips the Host in the Wine and then puts it directly into your mouth! He won’t let you take it in your hand! Julia said she tried once and he just pretty much shoved it in her mouth anyway! (We both felt the same way about this…totally against it because of germs! But she did good…said she was trying very hard to have an open mind!!!!) Definitely a new experience for me!
After church, I studied again. I finished reading my textbook and started doing research for my final. I knew that would be awful…the topic is too narrow and our online library is not exactly the best. (Apparently they are good at sending articles to libraries nearby…but that won’t exactly work for me here will it?!?) I finally found an article that I suppose will work. It’s not perfect, but it’s a start. So I was ready to start on the paper. But then I heard the loudest pop! It scared me! I jumped up and searched the apartment. I had just called Mom, so was on the phone with her at the same time. The noise kept happening. I decided something was hitting my windows! Mom could hear it on the phone even. It was like someone was throwing things against the windows maybe? I don’t know, but it really freaked me out! I don’t usually freak out that easy, but this one really got me! I think I searched the apartment like three times…good thing it’s little huh? Ha! I’ve heard some of the girls say they sometimes make their husbands come home because of getting scared when home alone. I understood that feeling for the first time tonight! But I didn’t want to interrupt Phillip’s studying, so I didn’t tell him! Plus…that’s the last thing I’d want…him walking home if there is someone crazy out there! No way!!!!!
Phillip studied at school all day today! He packed a small cooler with drinks and lunch. They were selling subway sandwiches for dinner, so he just bought a turkey sub at school to save him time! He walked home around 10:30 and I warned him about the weird noises and to be careful. It had rained hard since then though so I seriously doubt anyone would have stayed out in the rain. (That was the 6th rain of the day!) He was fine walking home though and said there were 2 security guards right across the street, so he was fine. Block 3 is tomorrow!!!! He can’t wait till it’s over!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment