Yesterday, I went for the walk and then met Willow at the pool. I swam 50 laps again! Then I studied the rest of the day.
We had some sad news yesterday! Linda Sue (Phillip’s Aunt) passed away yesterday. Linda had Down-Syndrome. She had way more than her fair share of struggles, but lived to the age of 54! She was a fighter! :-) She is in a better place, but she will certainly be missed! Phillip really wishes he could be home with his family right now! We’re just tooooo far away!
We were up late last night, so I slept in till 8:30 this morning! I felt guilty about skipping the walk, but it sure felt nice to sleep in! I drove to Simpson Bay to pay rent this morning. I was actually glad to leave because the electricity went out right when I was ready to leave. (That was around 10:00.)
I only had to wait in line for 18 minutes at the bank today! That’s a SHORT line! :-) (What would your reaction be if you had to wait in line for 18 minutes at a bank in the US?????) The electricity was STILL out when I got home. Good day for it to be out for lunch time though I guess, because I had already planned to pick up food at the coffee shop and take it to school to save Phillip some time. We heard the food there was actually pretty good, and it was! I got a curry chicken wrap and Phillip got a turkey and provolone sub. The sub (like most sandwiches around here) was on the long, skinny French bread. It’s tough and chewy, hard to bite off. Gosh, I think that description makes it sound awful. But it’s actually pretty good!
I went over to Melissa’s apartment this afternoon. She was hosting a Cake Bake. The Burrito/Bake sale is this weekend, so we were baking cakes for it. She had some fancy recipes we were trying! We made 2 peanut butter/chocolate cakes, 2 coconut cakes, and 2 Oreo cakes. We sampled the Oreo…it was delicious! I enjoyed playing with all the babies there!!!! There were 7 kids there total! Fun!!!! (AND a little crazy…7 kids age 7 and under!)
I wrote a paper this afternoon/evening and just posted it! This professor is grading everything super fast, which means I can usually post an assignment as soon as I finish it. It’s great!
Phillip has been studying non-stop. Block 3 is Monday. This is the hardest block yet, with absolutely tons of information. We kind of joked about it today, because a couple of our friends have commented lately how dark I am and how he’s not! (YES, I wear sunscreen all the time, and tons of it! I just get dark easy!) But he is always in the library. So he joked that he’s a vampire and doesn’t go out in the sun! My husband the vampire! Ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment