Well, last night sure was interesting! We had heard there would be fireworks in Maho at 10:00pm and we really wanted to see them! So I picked Phillip up at school at 9:35 and were there, on the beach, by 9:45. It was actually one of the big nightclubs setting them off, but we didn’t want to spend money and knew we’d have a great view from the beach too. So we walked around barefoot on the beach at night. It was kinda windy and cool believe it or not. It was very peaceful, being at the beach at night! That was a first for here! Anyway, we kept waiting, and waiting, and waiting. We just kept thinking they were late, like everything else here. At 11:15, we were ready to give up and leave! We started walking back to the car, and at the same time it started raining! Yep, definitely a sign to leave!!!! (It only rained for about a minute though.) We heard from friends today that the fireworks didn’t start till 1:30am!!!!!What’s up with that?!?!?!?
We went to bed late and I didn’t have to be up a certain time, so didn’t set an alarm. Phillip stayed up a little later than me. He realized that Roddick and Federer were scheduled to play this morning at 9:00am! Phillip was so sweet and set his alarm in time for me to get up and see them! His alarm went off, he told me, reset his alarm, and went back to sleep for half an hour. How cute is that?!? Needless to say, I jumped out of bed pretty quick! I spent the next 4 hours glued to the TV! Their match was amazing!!!! Federer ended up winning the 5th set (which cannot be won in a tiebreaker, so lasted forever!) 16-14!!!! Absolutely amazing! They both played so well. I am so incredibly sad for Roddick though! I was really hoping he would win! Still an absolutely amazing tennis match. (It makes me miss my tennis leagues so much!!!!!!!!!!!!)I finished my cross stitch ornament while I was watching, so at least I did something during those 4 hours!!! :-)
This afternoon, Julia walked over here to borrow a book. While we were outside talking, a kitten from across the street ran over right by us! (We had been noticing a Mama cat and 2 kittens over there lately. There are cats everywhere in Cupecoy!!!) Well of course we had to pet it and play with it…it was adorable, how could we not??????? MISTAKE! The kitten followed me up the stairs!!!!! I carried it back down and put it back across the street where it had been before. When I left for church, the kitten was on the steps again!!!! I didn’t have time to mess with it, so just left it there.
Phillip and I went to church in Simpson Bay. After mass, Father Manuel said “For the Americans here, I know you celebrated yesterday, so I want to wish you a Happy Independence Day. God Bless you and your country.” I thought that was so sweet!
We picked up Subway on the way home, and went to AUC to eat there. That saved Phillip a little time so he was able to get back to studying quicker. He felt bad taking time out from studying, but really wanted to go to church with me, so made time. So we figured we’d try to at least make dinner as quick as possible!
When I got home, that poor kitten was still on the same step, looking down, and just whining and crying like crazy. I don’t think it knew how to get down the stairs!!!!!! So I carried it across the street again! But it just kept following me back! I think I took it over there 5 or 6 times. The last time, it did stay gone for a few minutes…long enough for Garfield to come up the stairs with me! You should have seen Garfield when that little kitten came back up onto our balcony! Garf was hissing like crazy!!!!!! The kitten arched his back and stood there, terrified! Garfield hissed for a few minutes, then just laid down on the rug by the door and let the kitten walk around on the other side of the balcony! I couldn’t believe Garfield didn’t chase that kitty away!!!!!!!!! Anytime the kitten got too close though, Garfield would start hissing again! (I’m not really sure who was more scared though, because Garfield would not go near the other side of the balcony, even though her chair is over on that side! Ha!) There is a fake plant that keeps falling out of the basket that is attached to the wall. (weird I know) Anyway, it fell again, and was underneath “Garfield’s chair.” The kitten kept jumping all around playing with it and attacking it. It was the cutest thing ever. Garfield just kept looking at the kitten, then looking at me, as if to say, do something about this!
Hey! That kitten looks a lot like Simon did when I first got him--like a cute gremlin!
ReplyDelete