Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Our First Visitors!!

Well today has certainly been interesting! I was super motivated this morning. I got up at 7:20 and started working on my final! The electricity went out at 7:30. Lovely!!! So I was sweating while I was doing my final! Ugh! But I did finish it! Hooray! Then I swept the floors, got a couple boxes of stuff ready for Phillip’s parents and Vicki (towels, beach towels, shampoo, soap, paper towels, all that stuff), washed swimsuits by hand, sorted laundry, etc. So I got tons done this morning! After all that, I had to change clothes because I was so sweaty! How sad is that?!? They had told me that I could pick up the apartment keys around 11:00 this morning. So I knew I was pushing my luck when I tried around 10:30. Sure enough, they weren’t ready yet. They told me to come back in an hour and a half. It was so hot in the apartment and I had everything done there that I needed to so I got my laptop and went to AUC. The airco felt soooo good and the water from the water fountain was terrific. I was so hot and thirsty!!!!! I stayed there till 11:30 when Phillip got out of class. We decided to grab a quick lunch from the coffee shop since we had no electricity at home. It’s right beside the Solutions Office (where we got the apartment from) so after lunch, we stopped to check on the keys again. Phillip and I both had to sign the papers, so it was actually a good thing he was with me! After he signed, he went back to school to try to study for a bit. I went with the lady to check out the apartment and then back to our apartment to get laundry. I had to wash sheets for their bed and wanted to wash more towels. The apartment complex they’re staying in has free laundry! I am soooooo excited to do all of our laundry there! After starting the laundry, I came back to our apartment (electricity was back on!!!) and posted my final…hooray!!!! So glad to have my 4th class finished. I grabbed a couple other things that their apartment needed, took them over to their apartment, put the laundry in the dryer, and came home to finally shower! (Ugh I needed it by this point!!!) I had to hurry!!! Phillip came home a few minutes later. We went back to their apartment to get the sheets and towels out of the dryer. He was glad to get to see where they’d be staying.

Then we drove to the airport, which is only about 5 minutes away. Their plane landed early! As we were driving past, we saw them getting off the plane!!! Awesome! We were excited to see that they arrived safely!!!! We parked and went inside to wait. We shared a Mountain Dew from Quiznos in the airport. It was only $1.75 and they have free refills!!!!! We got 2 refills! Hahahaha!!! We didn’t have to wait long at all! They must have been toward the front of the customs line! It was so good to see them!!!! We loaded our car with their luggage and I drove it to their apartment. Phillip rode the bus back with them! (Our tiny little car was stuffed full just with their luggage! No one else would have fit in it!!) We met at the apartment and carried everything in. It was not a very nice welcome for them though because the electricity had gone out again and it was sooooo hot in there! Then we walked over so they could see our apartment. It was hot here too, so we got out of here quick! We drove around for awhile so they could see some of the island.

We came back and ordered Pizza Dan’s for dinner. We hung out at our apartment and talked for awhile, then went back to theirs to make sure they were all set. They were worn out! They only got about 2 hours of sleep last night because of having such an early flight!

Phillip and I came back to our apartment and looked at all of our goodies!!! They brought us all sorts of goodies…m and m’s, jolly ranchers, gummy worms, ramen noodles, mac and cheese, Gatorade powder, kool-aid packets, and our favorite…EA Active for the Wii!!!! Oh and they also brought the textbooks for my next three classes! (Some of this stuff we had ordered online and shipped to their house because it’s so much cheaper than shipping here! So they got stuck bringing it all!!!!!) We couldn’t resist…had to try out the EA Active game tonight! It’s a good workout! We were both sweating and totally out of breath! My personal trainer on there said “Your body will thank you for this!” My response… “Ummmm, I’m not so sure about that!” I actually think we’ll be sore tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment