Well, the electricity went out and woke me up again this morning. So I took a shower in the dark for the 3rd day in a row! Phillip got up about 45 minutes later and showered in the dark also! Then we both went to school to study since it was too hot here. I read a chapter in my textbook. Then we came back for lunch. (We had heard electricity was back on, so were really excited about that!)
After lunch, Phillip went back to school and I went to the casino. I really just intended to go to the ATM, which is in the casino, but got there and decided to play Lucky Leprechaun! That’s my favorite penny slot machine! I put in a 5 dollar bill and started playing. A lady came and offered me a drink. (We recently discovered that water, sodas, and alcohol drinks are all free! I seriously thought about getting a mixed drink, but had to study, so just ordered a Coke instead.) I was lucky right away! I won 3 bonuses and was up to $11.83! I should have cashed out then, but she wasn’t even back with my drink yet, so I figured that’d be really rude of me! Haha! So I kept playing, and started losing quickly! I was down to my original $5.00 and she still wasn’t back! I cashed out and decided to leave while I was even. Well right then, she came with my drink! Sooooo I put a one dollar bill in the Lucky Lemmings game next to the one I was playing. That’s our second favorite machine! I lost my dollar quickly, drank my coke quickly, and left while I still had $4.00! I guess it was pretty good entertainment for a dollar though!
I discovered a recipe online a few days ago and really wanted to try it. It’s a cake that has frozen fruit at the bottom. You put the fruit in the bottom of the pan, add the cake mix powder on top, and pour a can of soda on it. That’s it! Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, then take it out of oven and push any dry cake mix into the moist part. (I had to stir just a little to make all the dry part mix in!) Then bake for 40 more minutes. Weird huh?!? (The 2 recommended kinds were cherries, chocolate cake mix, and diet cherry coke or peaches, white cake mix, and diet 7-Up.)
So I decided to use part of that big bag of fruit I got yesterday and give it a try. Mine is weird! It has mostly peaches and strawberries, but also a few pineapple chunks and grapes! I used yellow cake mix and Sprite. I mixed it all up, stuck it in the oven, and the electricity went out 3 minutes later! I actually yelled when it happened! Not cool!!!!
Lucky for me, the power was only out for 35 minutes and my cake was not harmed! I know it sounds like a really weird recipe, but it’s absolutely delicious!!!! I’m completely obsessed with it!!! It’s a healthy recipe too! No oil, no eggs! It’s really moist too. Soooo yummy! I actually found the recipe while I was studying! (Sounds like I wasn’t studying very hard right?) The recipe was listed on a site about disabilities. It is a healthy recipe that is safe for some individuals with disabilities who are on special diets! I think it’s my new favorite cake! I took some to the girls that live under us and they liked it too! Sweet! (The first pic is right after I poured on the sprite…sure looks funny! You don’t stir it yet at that point, it goes in the oven just like that!)
After eating tooooooo much cake, I washed dishes (for the second time today!) and washed some clothes out by hand. Then I studied for awhile and washed dishes for the third time today! (Not many that time, just some stuff that was still soaking!) Now back to studying. Phillip studied alllllll day at school!!!
Looking forward to watching Venus and Serena play tomorrow morning for the Wimbledon finals!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment