Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Totally Grossed Out

I cannot believe it’s already July!!!! That means Phillip’s parents and Vicki come visit us this month! Hooray!!!

There were 4 of us girls on the walk this morning. Two girls were pushing strollers and one was walking her 3 dogs. I was the only one this morning with just myself. I told Mom that and she said well aren’t you glad? Isn’t it hard enough to take care of yourself there? I had to admit yes! :-)

After the walk, I straightened up the apartment, then met several girls at the pool. I hosted “Pool Day” this week. (They have one every couple of weeks now, and like to do it at different pools.) Right before I went to the pool (around 10:40) the electricity went off! It still wasn’t on at 12:58 when I got home! But it came on at 1:00!!!! Talk about good timing, I was so excited! I headed straight for the shower since I was coming from the pool. While I was in the shower, all of a sudden it got dark! Electricity out again!!!! It was only on for like 3 minutes! As a friend, Camille, put it, “What a tease!” The stupid electricity didn’t come back on till 3:53! It was miserable in here!!!! I was laying on the couch, not even moving, and I was sweating! Ugh!!!!

Ok this day just keeps getting worse and worse. I found some tiny little worms last week in boxes of noodles when I was trying to make spaghetti. I ended up throwing out 2 or 3 boxes of noodles. Yesterday, when I went shopping, I bought a plastic storage bin, thinking I’d put some food in it and maybe that would be safer. I have no clue if the worms were in there when I bought the noodles, or appeared here somehow or what. I hadn’t seen any before that, or any since then. I was sorting through stuff tonight trying to decide what might be better off in the storage bin and freaked out. We have more worms. They are crawling on the food boxes and on the walls around the storage shelves. I do not know if they are in the food or not. We are stupid for doing this I realize now, but we buy things in bulk because I don’t shop very often. So we have entirely too much stuff and I seriously don’t want to pitch it all. I am so grossed out and this is going to take me forever. I feel like I need to look in boxes since I found those last week in the noodles. So I guess I’m going to empty boxes, and put into plastic bags if the stuff is ok? This is going to take me forever. I just want to cry or scream, but that won’t really do me any good. Sometimes I really hate this island. I think I’d move back tomorrow if I could. (Good thing I wrote that stuff yesterday about doing ok here and proud of us for that…sure wouldn’t be writing that tonight!)

2 comments:

  1. ((HUGS)) Um, well I was going to try to find something positive to say but all I could think was worms are better than snakes?!?!? Sorry Pounce! Love ya!! I'm so proud of you and Phillip making it there! I know that it's easy to say "geez how hard could it be living on a beach" but just being away from family is so hard!(Especially when it's your first time beign so far from home)
    On top of that, learning the rules of where you're living and learning to adjust to not having the simple luxuries we enjoy on an everyday basis, etc. So...let these rough days just be that...a rough day that will make a good blog story; enjoy the great days, and think of all the amazing memories you will have from this adventure. Plus, just think how much you will appreciate being back in the States. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eww worms are YUCKY! The only bright thing I ame come up with is that at least you found them BEFORE you cooked & served the noodles! BLECH!

    ReplyDelete