I shut off my computer last night and went upstairs for bed. I realized I had forgotten to write a blog and was debating if I would come back downstairs to do it or not. I guess I was thinking too much about that and forgot to duck…thumped my head on the ceiling and then decided there was no way I was gonna write a blog! That made up my mind and I went to bed!
Yesterday, I had planned to make cupcakes as soon as I woke up. I got the mix and icing (with sprinkles!!!) from the Spouses Org and had to have them to school at noon for the burrito/bake sale. I woke up before my alarm and seriously thought about going ahead to get up and bake them. I decided against it and stayed in bed. Thank goodness for that because electricity went out a little later! I probably would have been right in the middle of baking them! Yikes!!!! It wasn’t out that long though, so I was able to bake them just fine a little later. They looked sooooo good!!! It’s probably a good thing I couldn’t keep them because I would have wanted to eat them all!!!!!!
After taking them to the sale, I went to Melissa’s apartment. Melissa is a first semester spouse and they have 4 kids!!!!!! Can you imagine?!? It’s hard enough to take care of 2 of us here some days…I can’t imagine taking care of 6!!!!! Anyway, I did nail art designs for Melissa and the 2 oldest girls. The girls were so excited. Adorable!!!! (They live in Rainbow Beach Club. I was very excited to see it because I’d never been there before. SUPER NICE place!!!)
Then I came back and studied. Phillip studied all day at school again. I took a break last night and watched a movie that we had put on my computer before coming here! That’s right, I’ve had it on my computer since December and had not watched it yet! I don’t even remember the last time I watched a movie. It was great!!!
We slept later today and then both got to work! Phillip went to school to study again of course! Exams are tomorrow! We’ll be so glad when they are over!!!! He still isn’t feeling great and will love a chance to relax and sleep lots tomorrow! I feel so bad for him…he has not missed a class and been studying tons even though he doesn’t feel well. He’s had it for over a week now! Ugh!!! Tons of students are sick. They are actually worried that they might have Swine Flu!!!! AAAHHHH!!!
I swam laps again today! I was proud…I swam 50 without stopping to rest! I’m absolutely loving swimming laps again! I went by myself today, so listened to my H2O Man…waterproof MP3 player! I absolutely love that thing! It totally fascinates me that I can listen to headphones while swimming laps. What a cool concept! (What will they think of next????)
I picked up Julia and we went to church together tonight. It worked out perfect since we’d both be going alone since our husbands were studying! Father Thomas said he was on pain killers for kidney stones! He was at the hospital at 3 this morning! Ugh! He said he knows what caused it too! The other 2 priests don’t drink at all, so he decided to give up drinking too! That’s what he’s blaming! He says it’s time to start drinking Presidente again!!! (popular beer here…do we have that in the US? I don’t remember…) Anyway, everyone thought that was pretty funny!
They were supposed to be selling subway sandwiches in the Rotunda at school today starting at 6:00. Phillip was planning to get one for dinner, which would save him time since he wouldn’t have to come home. Good plan right? Well, turns out they started selling them 40 minutes EARLY (nothing is ever early here…go figure!) and ran out at 6:00!!!! So I went back to Maho after church and got us Subway for dinner! Phillip was looking forward to it and he at least deserved that after being sick and studying hard all week!!!!! I took it to school and we ate in the Rotunda so he didn’t have to leave.
I’m posting the blog earlier tonight so I don’t forget!!!! I’m hoping to write another paper tonight, but not feeling very motivated at the moment so we’ll see how that works out. (I did finish reading earlier and wrote one paper!)
Good luck to Phillip on exams tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment