Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!!!

Happy Father’s Day!!!!! Wish we could have been home to celebrate!!!! Also, Happy 91st Birthday to Grandpa! Wow!!

I was bad today…I didn’t go to church! I actually decided yesterday that I probably wouldn’t go! From what I hear, the islanders aren’t exactly thrilled with AUC students right now because of the whole Swine Flu thing. I just didn’t feel like venturing out knowing that! I feel guilty for skipping though…

I finished my book today! I read Something Borrowed, by Emily Giffin. It was a good book. I want to read Something Blue next. I’m anxious to see tomorrow if my textbook arrives, or if I get to read another book for fun! :-)

The water went out AGAIN today! They finally figured out the electricity problem sort of…it isn’t going off every single day anymore at least! And now the water has gone out I think 3 out of the past 4 days! As Phillip said, “something goes out every stinkin’ day!”

We bought a “professional haircutting kit” at the end of last semester from one of the 5th semester spouses. We got it out today and I washed it all so it’s ready to use. We thought about trying it today, but decided to wait till tomorrow! There is a resort down the street and Phillip has had his hair cut there before. So we’re going to attempt cutting his hair tomorrow, while they’re open! That way he can go there to make them fix it if I totally mess it up! This should be interesting…

I swam 60 laps straight this evening! And then we ordered pizza!!! Haha! Good thing I swam those laps huh? Then Phillip and I watched a movie together tonight! It was great! He is feeling great now and ready to go back to school tomorrow! I think 4 days of being inside this little apartment about drove him nuts!!!! (and me!!!) hehehe

1 comment:

  1. Mark cuts his hair and Caleb's hair. Let me just say that practice makes perfect but he has gotten pretty good at it now. He points out that the money he saves cutting their hair makes up for what I spend on my hair!

    ReplyDelete