Well, I had the blog all typed last night but couldn’t post it because internet went out after dinner and didn’t come back on till around 1:30 this afternoon!!!! At least it was just the internet, not the electricity!!! Anyway, here’s yesterday’s blog:
We got up early for church in Philipsburg today. Emily drove and had a full car! Phillip and I sat in back with one more person and we were all squished! Three people in the backs of these little cars is a lot!! But it’s so nice to have a group of friends to go with! We arrived on time, but not early like usual. So of course, there were no seats left! We stood outside, but were lucky to be right by the door so we could see in at least. The incense was so strong even outside, I can’t imagine how strong it would have been inside! That smell was bad enough, then a little girl like 3 people over threw up everywhere, all over the little landing we were all standing on!!! Thank goodness we weren’t closer, because some people ended up with her vomit on their clothes!!! The incense smell combined with that smell…ugh…I’ll just leave it at that!! Plus we could hardly hear anything and were hot and miserable. It wouldn’t have been any cooler inside though because there’s no airco in the Philipsburg church. We will make sure to get there earlier from now on!
I started proofreading my paper, then met Julia at the pool for a couple hours. We talked and swam around for awhile, then I studied and she read a book. Then I came home, finished proofreading my paper, and posted it!!! Finally! I am officially finished with my first class!!!
Phillip spent the day studying at school again. He also finished writing his evaluation from the Airport Disaster Drill from Monday. It ended up being a 10 page paper! I really enjoyed reading it! He did such a great job and I really think St. Maarten rescue teams can learn a lot from his advice! I’m so proud of him for taking time to do this!!!!
This evening, I did lots of reading for my second class. I’m working on that 230 page reading assignment still…
And now for today:
I woke up this morning to my phone ringing at 7:10 which means supply teaching! I was super disappointed when my phone rang though because I really wanted to finish my reading today. The good news is that I had a really easy day – 2 classes watched movies, 1 class was reading a novel (silent reading…so I read my textbook while they read!!!), then a 50 minute lunch followed by an hour and 10 minute prep period! That’s right…I had 2 full hours to study! NICE!!! Then I had a rougher class for the last hour and 10 minutes of the day, but I sure can’t complain about actually working for an hour and 10 minutes…haha!!!
I read the rest of the day and Phillip studied at school. I only have 8 pages left to read tomorrow. Not bad! We got Pizza Dan’s for dinner!!!! I got a mushroom and tomato pizza this time! Yum! I’m still trying all of his different pizzas!!! Some of them, I am switching an ingredient though. Tonight’s pizza was actually meant to have ham on it, but I replaced the ham with tomatoes! It was called Queen Pizza.
I have to agree completely with my friend Julia, whose facebook status currently says:
This is the first time ever that "first day of hurricane season" actually means anything to me!
Yes, today is the first day of hurricane season. I would absolutely love some extra prayers that we aren’t hit by a hurricane this year!!! That’s the one thing about living on the island that really scares me…but the good news is that we are in a good apartment building and it’s in a good location. I’ve heard it is one of the safer places to be if a hurricane does hit. It seemed to be mainly the people who lived right on the water that had major issues. But I’d still rather not find out…
No comments:
Post a Comment