Thursday, June 11, 2009

PhD Update!!!

I haven’t said much about my online program lately except that I study a lot. I admit I wasn’t sure in the beginning what I would think about it. I took the first class as a “trial” basis I guess…realizing that if I hated it, I may not continue it. Truth is…I absolutely love this program! I like how I can go at my own pace (which means I set high goals for myself and make myself work a ton!!!) I love finishing classes way faster than the expected timeline. I like not having to sit in an actual class and listen to lectures. I like doing classwork sometimes in my pajamas and knowing it doesn’t matter! Ha! They say you get out of class, whatever you put into it. I think that is so true. I do not let myself skip reading assignments or take shortcuts to make things go faster. I am doing everything I’m supposed to be doing. And I am learning a lot! I am so grateful for this time in our lives. Everyone knows this is Phillip’s dream! But now I’m working toward one of my dreams too…a dream that I honestly didn’t know if I would ever get to fulfill. What a great feeling!

I went for the walk this morning! HOT, HOT, HOT! But still a good work out! Then I studied. Then I met Laura O. at the pool at 1:00 to swim laps again! Today, I swam 45 laps! (35 yesterday!) Not bad!!

A friend posted this quote on facebook today and I love it! "Don't tell God how big your problems are. Tell your problems how big God is."

Charles took the car today to work on the airco. A piece has to be welded together on it. He took the airco totally out and returned the car. He’s going to see if a friend of his will weld it for him. I sure hope this works. I cannot wait to have airco back!!!! It’s miserable sitting, stuck in traffic, with no airco! I was covered in sweat by the time I got home from shopping last time! YUCK!! But I shouldn’t be complaining…at least the car works!!!! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment