I woke up early this morning and couldn’t go back to sleep. I think I was too excited about the card class! I already had everything ready though, so did a few things around the apartment and was then getting ready to study when the power (that means internet too) went out. So much for studying! So I started reading Something Blue. It goes with Something Borrowed, which I read last week. I should have never started it though…now I’m not going to want to study! The power came back on around 10:30ish. I was getting ready to leave for the card class around 12:15 and it went off again! Twice in one day?!? Now that’s bad! Even worse…I was so hot from when it was off the first time, that I turned on the airco when it came back on. That meant when it went off the second time, I had no way to turn airco off! So when power came back on (I heard around 2:00) the airco ran all afternoon with no one here!
The card-making class was a lot of fun! I had 8 girls show up and I think they really liked their cards! I always forget how long those things take to make though…it took almost 3 hours! We did 3 different designs, 2 of each design. So everyone made and took home 6 cards. Fun!!!
Afterwards, Phillip, Emily, and I went to Pizza Dan’s for dinner. Pizza Dan has a new menu and has even more weird pizzas now! I got one called The Don’s. It had cheese, pesto, garlic, artichokes, tomatoes, chicken, and onions. It was really yummy!!!! I LOVE pesto! Yum!
The phone rang soon after I got home. It was Tina, saying she had sad news. Speedy died! I am soooo sad! But I feel really sorry for Tina, having to deal with that…yikes! Baby turtles have a very small percentage of survival. I’ve heard it’s only around 30%. A vet even told me once that my turtles wouldn’t make it to be a year old! (I was not very happy with him for telling me that!) Speedy was 8 months old, so I guess in Speedy’s case, he was right! Pokey now has a very large cage all to himself. I think he’s going to be lonely. :-(
I'm sorry to hear about Speedy--not's no fun loosing pets. I'll be thinking about you.
ReplyDelete