Monday, June 22, 2009

Haircut!








Back to school for Phillip this morning! He was really excited to get out of here!!! :-)

I went on the walk, then swam 65 laps!!!! It was a good morning! Phillip came home at 11:30 and we had leftover pizza for lunch. Then I cut his hair!!!! He survived his first haircut from me. It went ok except for a little cut above his ear! OOPS! It barely nicked him…but I still felt really bad! He teased me about it later. I said “Wow I cut your hair!” His reply… “and my ear!” Haha! It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, but you should have seen the mess I had afterwards…hair everywhere!!!! I took a pic but even that doesn’t do it justice! He had to jump in the shower twice to get it all off of him. :-)

As soon as I finished cutting his hair, he took off for school to study. When he left, I called home. Then I heard him yelling my name from outside. I tried to hang up really fast, but it had just started ringing. Oops! I went outside and he was running up the stairs saying, “get the camera!” The guys were trimming the palm trees out front. They use machetes to do it! Crazy! He knew I wanted a picture of this the other day! So I finally got the pics I wanted. On the way back upstairs, I was thinking, I need to hurry up and call home again, they’ll probably think the power went out! I got inside…and the power was out! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?

So I roasted while I cleaned up the mess from the haircut. Oh well, at least it’s done! I was really dreading the first time. I don’t think it will be so bad from now on.

I spent the afternoon watching Wimbledon tennis and working on a cross stitch picture! It’s a little Christmas ornament with a cross and says “God Bless.” Phillip picked it out. He did good…I love it! He bought the kit for one dollar at the student sale at the beginning of the semester while I was still in Indiana. :-)

Mom called me on skype today and I got to see and talk to Grandpa, Aunt Theresa, Uncle Gary, Aunt Glenda, Uncle George, Uncle Gene, and cousin Eric! That was really neat! Sure wish I was home hanging out with all of them!

I was trying to wash dishes this evening and thought it was weird that my water wasn’t near as hot as usual! I didn’t think too much of it…till the water got too cold to continue even washing dishes. Sure enough, the hot water totally disappeared! Hmmmm…this could be a problem! Already thinking about that freezing cold shower for tomorrow morning…

No comments:

Post a Comment