Wednesday, June 17, 2009

waiting

I went for the walk today and then planned to swim laps. The other Laura couldn’t come swim after all though because now she’s sick!!!! So I decided to study instead of swim today!

The rest of the day has certainly been interesting! Phillip said that in classes today, they told them all how important it was for everyone with symptoms to call the health department to get tested for Swine Flu. Phillip has been sick for a week and a half now, which is past the point that he would have been contagious. But he still isn’t over it yet, so called anyway. He called around 2:00pm. They told him not to leave the apartment till they test him. They also said there was “a team over in our area now testing people.” Wouldn’t you take that to mean they’d come soon???? NO! They never came! So now he can’t go to class tomorrow just in case! We are hoping they’ll come tomorrow! The sad thing is, since he shouldn’t even be contagious anymore, he is probably missing for nothing! But…best to know for sure! (So now I’m wondering…I have no symptoms, but since I live with him, does that mean I shouldn’t leave either??? Or am I ok to leave still??? Hmmmm….)

I did run an errand this evening though. Laura and her husband are both sick and neither one can leave their apartment! (They are getting tested tomorrow!) So I went to the pharmacy to get them some meds. I got Phillip some more while I was there too! The pharmacist knew I was buying meds for my husband and for a friend. She quickly realized what was going on and asked “Are you from AUC?” I told her yes and she just shook her head and said “Oh no!” We’ll see what tomorrow brings…

No comments:

Post a Comment