Monday, June 29, 2009

Friends

What a day! I met 3 friends outside my apartment complex this morning at 7:45 to go to Grande Case to look for sea glass!!!! Willow, Jenni (and baby Ellie), Leah, and I went. It was so much fun and we found some great pieces! This is truly one of my favorite things about the island. It’s like treasure hunting. It’s so exciting to spot a colorful piece! They really liked it too! Jenni and Leah had never been before. (I was also soooooo excited to hang out with Willow again! She’s been in the States since April and I missed her a ton!!!!) We were back (and already worn out) at 10:35.

Then Willow and I met at the pool at 1:00 to swim laps. I swam 100 laps again today!!! I’m pretty excited about that! Then we had fun lounging under a huge umbrella and catching up on everything.

This evening, I have been lazy, reading and working puzzles online with Mom! I am soooooo tired. Guess maybe I crammed too much into one day? But it was worth it…I had a blast! I am so grateful for my friends here. I have truly made some wonderful friends!

(Poor Phillip was stuck studying all day again. He put sunscreen on my back before the beach this morning, then again before the pool this afternoon. I think it was killing him, having to do it twice in one day, knowing what I’d be doing while he was stuck studying…I felt guilty!)

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to come and hunt for beach glass with you! :)

    ReplyDelete