Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ash Wednesday

I decided to give up caffeine for Lent once again. I have formed a bad habit the past few days and have been drinking coke for lunch again. Time to break this habit! Phillip couldn’t decide what to give up, so instead is going to do something. He’s going to drink 2 glasses of water a day. He hates water so this will be a good reason that will make him drink more!

I went to the Pharmacy in Maho today to get more cold medicine. I just can’t get rid of this stupid cold! It’s getting worse instead of better! A friend here had it for 2 whole weeks…ugh, I really hope mine doesn’t last that long! I was thinking while driving how nice it was to be able to just get in the car and drive somewhere I needed to go! I don’t think I’ll take that for granted anymore! I sure used to!

We bought a box of frozen “pubhouse battered fish” at the store the other day. We were excited to try it today, for Ash Wednesday, since we couldn’t eat meat. Baking them was terrible though! The outside got dark brown too quick and the inside wasn’t even done yet! I HATE how this oven cooks outsides of things too fast and doesn’t cook insides of things. What is up with that?!?!?!? So I had to put them back in even longer. They turned out decent…not a total flop, but still frustrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment