Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Baie Rouge Beach





























This morning, approximately 15 of us spouses met at the coffee shop and carpooled to Baie Rouge Beach. I had never been to this one before. It was really nice. You can rent chairs and umbrellas there too, but we just spread out our towels! It was so pretty there and the kids had lots of fun playing in the sand and running up to the water. The waves didn’t seem as big there as they are at the beach by us. Could have just been the day though…

Jen brought the 3rd and 4th Twilight books for me to read!!!! I’m so happy to be reading the Twilight series again!!!! I’m already on page 93. She made my day!!!

After Phillip’s lab, I was thinking of going for a drive just to check out the car and make sure it still started ok. He decided to take a study break and join me. So I drove him to Baie Rouge Beach since he didn’t get to see it yet. (It’s only about a 10 minute drive.) We parked and walked around for a few minutes, then drove home. The car drives sooooo much smoother than before and started with no problems!!! HOORAY!!! Sure feels nice to have a car again, but I truly cannot explain how much I miss my car from home. It was nice to not have to worry on a daily basis whether your car would start or not! This car doesn’t even have power locks or windows, and you have to hold up the handle while shutting the door in order to lock the thing! Plus my car was just so pretty! (Ok, that sounds corny I know, but almost all the cars here are white and most have scratches/rust spots all over them!) I know that one pic isn't great, but that's the view from our window...there are actually more white cars, but that's all I could fit in the pic. The second white car is ours.

I didn’t end up spending any money this morning, but had heard that Baie Rouge has little food/drink shops, so wanted to take some money just in case. We ended up using all our smaller bills to pay Charles for the car yesterday and needed to break a hundred. So last night, we walked to the Casino, which is approximately a block away. We planned to each put in a hundred dollar bill (figured we might as well do 2 while we were there) and spend a couple dollars, then cash out. (This casino has 2 of our favorite penny machines!!! We had played them before and loved them, so were excited to see them here. They each have these bonus games you can earn where you touch the screen to make choices and usually win a few extra dollars.) So we went to our machines, put in our 100’s, played for just a few minutes, and each left with $104!!! (They pay you in 20’s, so it was still ok.) This was actually the second time we did this. The first time, we left with $103 and $104. I think I like this tradition! Hehehe! I actually won a bonus game on my first spin both days! Too cool! (Now it’ll never happen again though because I was bragging! Haha!)

Ok, off to read Eclipse!!! Hooray!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment