The walk with the girls was fun this morning. It rained on us again, but not too much this time!
We’ve heard that you have to really watch the foods here. Stores frequently sell items past their expiration dates. And even if the date is ok, foods often don’t taste the way they’re supposed to. People believe that batches that don’t make the cut for the US are sent here! Our first week here, we bought a Sunkist that tasted really funny, so we started to believe it. It was too salty or something maybe? I don't know, it just tasted odd. Anyway, Phillip takes pop tarts with him to class in the mornings. He said on his first pop tart, he noticed a couple darker spots on it, but figured it was just cooked a little longer or something. Some are like that sometimes. So he ate it and it tasted fine. Then the second one, he saw was covered in mold!!!! EEWW!!! We were worried that eating the first one may make him sick, but he was fine…thank goodness! He said they were totally sealed, so isn’t it weird that they were moldy???
Then for lunch, I made grilled cheese and cooked a can of mixed vegetables. I noticed they smelled really funny, but didn’t think much of it since I hadn’t had them before. While cooking them, I kept thinking boy these smell bad! I tasted them and they tasted just as bad. I kept thinking I was crazy, but Phillip smelled them too and said whoa toss those out! I did notice when I opened the can that it seemed to have way too much air in it, like it was ready to burst open. Weird!!
I just finished watching a Disney movie about ice skating. It was cute. I always wanted to take ice skating lessons…maybe someday! Hehe! Phillip thinks it’s funny that today is the first day I’ve even had the TV on, besides on Thursday nights when we watch CSI together. He says it’s pretty impressive that I lasted a month without getting bored enough to watch TV!
No comments:
Post a Comment