Saturday, February 21, 2009

Girls' Day in Phillipsburg







I wanted to go back to bed again this morning…just didn’t feel that great and wanted to sleep longer. But I was really excited about going out for “Girls’ Day!” So I showered, then had Coke (for the caffeine) and DayQuil with my breakfast! Lol, nice breakfast huh?!? (It worked though…I woke up finally and felt much better most of the day!) Then I picked up Alicia, Christina, and Jenna at the guard gate by AUC. We headed to Phillipsburg for the day! We spent the day walking around on Back Street and Front Street, wandering through all the little stores! It was fun! I was good…I actually only bought exactly was I was looking for. I got 2 swimsuit cover ups. They’re wraps…just a long piece of thin, see through material, that you tie on over your swimsuit. They’re really popular here. One was $3.00 and one was $5.00 because it was a heavier material. I got the guy to come down to $4.00 for the second one though! You can bargain with the people here and if they want the sale bad enough, they’ll usually come down on the price! Crazy! I tied one on over my clothes and we took a pic to show what they look like. It looks really goofy since I have clothes under it, but at least it shows how you wear it!

We had lunch at Harbor View, another neat little restaurant right on the beach. Such a great view! I got baked bbq chicken. It came with a small salad, potato salad, macaroni and cheese, and rice. It was a lot of food for $7.50 and was really good! Oh and my coke was $1.50 and once again, it was a can of coke, with a glass of ice. I sure do miss free refills! (Oh and the waitress asked if I wanted “coke” or Coca Cola…wow that’s scary…sure hope she was kidding! We weren’t quite sure!)

Phillip went to the beach with the guys this afternoon for a couple hours. They had a lot of fun and loved the study break!

We didn’t get home till almost 4:00 and by that time I was totally worn out and my throat was starting to hurt again. Phillip had a review session from 4:00 – 6:00, so I took a short nap while he was gone, then laid around watching TV most of the evening. I can’t really complain if this is as bad as the cold gets, but I’m ready to have more energy again!

No comments:

Post a Comment