Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Northcentral University

Oops, I almost headed to bed to read just now and realized I hadn’t written a blog yet! So figured I’d check in…Electricity went out for an hour and a half again today. Fun stuff! I went to CIA to get my January check from supplying. I was actually under the impression that we got paid cash, so I’m not sure where/how to cash a check. That sounds dumb I know, but since we’re not technically allowed to work here, I’m just not sure how that works…

I did something exciting today!!!!! I applied to Northcentral University, a college based out of Arizona that has an online Doctorate program!! I had looked into a couple of online programs in the past and just didn’t like them. They weren’t fully online and required you to attend “residencies” 4 or 5 times, that lasted a week each and were in random states throughout the US. Those programs were also way more expensive. I just found this one last night and it’s 100% online and about half the price of the others! Sounds perfect! Some people are against online schools and I realize that. But there just weren’t any options for me in or around Evansville. Now that we’re here, there certainly aren’t! I just don’t really see another option besides online. Plus this program allows me to work at my own pace, finishing classes faster than the allowed 12 weeks if I’d like. I love that idea! I talked to the admissions counselor today and he emailed all sorts of information to me. I want to do the program for exceptional students(special education). On average, students finish in 3-4 years, but it can be done faster. I had fun researching the college today and seeing what all I could find out about it. I really like the idea but am not completely sure yet what I'll do. I’m still open to thoughts/suggestions so feel free to post comments on this!

1 comment:

  1. I think any doctoral program is a great idea. It just depends what you plan on doing with as far as whether to do online versus classroom degree. If you just plan on continuing to teach and you're getting the phd to boost income, online is perfectly fine. But if you're thinking you might want to teach at the college level, some schools are old-fashioned and iffy about that. You're welcome to talk to Mom about that. She did her Rank 1, Principle's License, and Director of Special Ed mostly online

    ReplyDelete