Monday, February 9, 2009

COOKIES = YUMMY!

I spent most of the day today reading the 4th Twilight book, Breaking Dawn. I will seriously be so sad when I have no more Twilight books to read! They make me happy!

Phillip and Nick (a friend from class) went to the beach today during their lunch break. It was a nice study break and they had plenty of time since they have 11:30 – 2:00 free every day. Well around 1:15, I was thinking he’d probably be home soon. At 1:30, I thought wow I can’t believe he’s not home yet. At 1:35 I decided I should call. Well…his phone rang all right…in his backpack!!! When I realized he didn’t have a phone with him, I wondered if Nick had his or if they were without a clock completely. So I called Nick. No answer there either! Well, I quickly changed into workout clothes, put on my tennis shoes, and took off running to the beach at 1:45. They have lab at 2:00 and I didn’t think they’d want to be late. (I left a big note saying where I went and to call me if he got home and I missed him, because I wasn’t entirely sure which way he’d walk.) They were just walking up from the beach right as I got there. They were quite shocked to see me. I asked if they knew what time it was and they had no clue! So then I asked if they had lab, and turns out they both have dry lab, which isn’t as important and you can pretty much come and go as you please on dry lab days. So they weren’t worried about the time. OOPS!! They did admit thinking it wasn’t that late though. Ok so guess I worry too much, but I didn’t want them to miss class! The three of us walked back together then. On the way back, I noticed my fingernails and they kinda scared me! They were bright pink! Yes, they were supposed to be, but it just shocked me since they had been clear all day and I had kind of forgotten about the sun changing them I guess. So it really shocked me. I must have had a really weird look on my face when I saw them. The boys thought that was pretty funny!

I bought Chips Ahoy chewy chocolate chip cookies last week at Grand Marche (they were on sale)! We opened them last night and they are delicious!!!! Such a treat since we really haven’t been buying junk food. We’re trying to make them last and not eat many at a time. That’s difficult, but we’re doing good!

I washed out more clothes by hand this evening. I was talking to Sara on the phone while doing this and we decided it’s like I’ve gone way back in time…wash dishes by hand, wash clothes by hand, hang clothes to dry, iron clothes because they’re super wrinkled from drying that way…blah! Phillip says he’s lucky because he has a dishwasher and a washing machine…ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment