Phillip passed all of his exams!!! Hooray! We’ve heard that everyone’s scores were lower this time though. Yikes! So we’re really excited that he passed them all!
I got another phone call this morning about supplying for the day. This teacher has “spare” (plan period) first period though, so I didn’t have to go till 9:30. I had an English class, then lunch, then a French class, then a 7th grade Social Studies class. I had 2 good classes and one crazy loud, refuse to listen to the teacher class. It wasn’t a bad day though at least! I’m pretty excited that my supply money from this week alone will pay for my tennis lessons, which start next week! Hooray!
After Phillip’s lab, we went to Simpson Bay to go to The Mailbox. We had to mail some paperwork from school back to the States. So we took care of that and then the McDonalds across the street was just too tempting! So we had McDonalds for dinner!!!! The fries were fabulous! Can you believe we lasted this long without going to McDonalds before? I think most students have been several times by now! (Guess we really couldn’t though since our car never worked right…haha!) Speaking of car, Phillip paid Charles today and he was really glad to hear that it’s working ok for us still. He is so nice!
After McDonalds, we decided to drive to Phillipsburg, which is the Dutch capital. We wanted to see where Front Street is located. We’ve heard lots of good things about Front Street. There are tons of shops there…it’s a big tourist area and it’s where the cruise ships let people off. We found it and decided to walk around for a bit. We searched for Del Sol first. That’s the store we really wanted to go to!!! That’s the one where the sun makes their things change bright colors! We had fun looking around in there! I was bad…their fingernail polishes were on sale!!!! They were buy 3, get one free. So I did! I got a peach color that turns bright red, a light pink that turns orange, a bright pink that turns purple, and a turquoise that turns green. They’re so fun!!! I also got some hair clips! They are clear/white in color, till you go in the sun! Then one turns orange, one pink, and one blue. I can’t wait to wear them! Phillip got a Frisbee to take to the beach. He’s really excited about it! It’s clear/white in color, then turns bright red and sparkly in the sun! We had a coupon for a free gift from there and it was a neat bag with the sun, an ocean wave, flowers, and Del Sol written on it. It’s a light tan color and the designs are colorful in the sun! (They have at least one more bag design! We have more coupons…maybe eventually we can get them all! Hehehe!) The owner was talking about another store that he owns in Put-in-Bay in Ohio. We were there once with Mom and Dad on vacation! That’s fun! Small world! The other shops were closing by the time we finished in Del Sol, so we left Front Street and headed home. We passed Cost U Less on the way though and decided to stop for some groceries! Sure was nice to have Phillip’s help grocery shopping! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment