
OK, so maybe I’m just a little confused…but it does feel like Christmas! I got the package today!!!!! Hooray!!!! I’ll start at the beginning though…
Last night I started coughing and got a sore throat. I took some air born was really hoping it would disappear by morning. I woke up this morning and just wanted to go back to sleep. So I did…slept till 10:00! I don’t feel terrible, but am definitely fighting a cold and just don’t have a lot of energy today.
Phillip came home after class and said several of them were meeting at the beach. He felt bad that I couldn’t go, but I told him not to worry about it! After all, I goof off frequently while he’s busy! I went to CIA to supply again this afternoon. I had a 5th grade class today and started off with recess duty! Fun stuff! It actually wasn’t too bad here. I never liked recess duty at home. These kids were pretty good at recess though! Then we had drama class. It was fun. The kids sat in a circle and we basically played games. The elementary kids leave at 2:15, so I got to leave then instead of at 2:30 like usual. That was nice!
As soon as I got home, Phillip and I left to go to Phillipsburg. It was time for the car inspection. All island cars have to be inspected once a year and our inspection sticker on our car said ours was due by the end of this month. The inspection was the biggest joke ever! Luckily it only cost $21.00 which wasn’t bad at all! We pulled into what looked like a long car wash. A guy was in there with our checklist, and telling us what to do. He had us to back up and was yelling things like “blinkers, left, right, brake.” Then he checked lights, brights, windshield wipers, and had Phillip to spray the windshield wiper fluid, drive slow, then brake, then drive fast, and brake! It was hilarious…he was just yelling what to do next and it was a fast process…only took a few minutes actually! I find it very funny that they seem to be so good about checking these things on cars that are all falling apart and never even run right! Three more of our friends have dead cars at the moment and are all probably calling Charles!!!! YIKES! These cars are terrible!
Then we went to the Post Office to pick up our package!!!!! We had to pay the fee of $4.25 to claim it. I was soooo happy to get it!
We stopped at Cost U Less on the way home again. We actually stopped to get a couple things for friends since we were passing right by there anyway. Then we saw that those bags of cookies were now on clearance for 28 cents a bag!!!!!! Oh my gosh!!! These are 1 pound, 1.6 oz bags too! So, um, we kind of maybe bought 12 bags! LOL!!! Don’t worry, we won’t keep them all. We’re planning to give some to friends. But we couldn’t pass that up! They were basically giving them away! Haha!
Then we went to Grand Marche for a couple things that weren’t at Cost U Less. I wanted lemon juice for my hair. Yes, that’s right, my hair! Lemon juice actually helps make my hair look highlighted. I used to always spray it in with a spray bottle, then comb through it, before going out in the sun. So I also needed a spray bottle. I couldn’t find one, so I asked a couple workers if they had any. They said no and asked what I wanted it for. I said for lemon juice and they said to drink?? I explain that it wasn’t to drink, it was for my hair. They probably had no clue why in the world I would want lemon juice for my hair! They questioned me a couple more times to make sure I wasn’t going to drink out of it, then gave me a spray bottle that was in their cart! It did have cleaner in it but was almost completely empty. She poured the little that was left onto her paper towels and told me to just make sure to wash it. I thought it was so nice that they did that for me!!!!! So now I have a spray bottle and lemon juice for the next time I go to the beach or pool. Fun stuff!
I finally got to open the package when we got home! I was so happy to see 2 new bikinis from Target!!!!! They’re so pretty!!! (Swimsuits are the one thing that most spouses wish they’d have brought more of, so I’m not the only one!) I was also very happy to see my work out shorts, 2 more pairs of sandals, and a couple tank tops. These were things that were stored in my parents’ garage, but that I wished I’d have brought! Phillip was very happy to get a VCR tape! That’s the only way to record things here. Old school huh?!? We were both excited about lots of kool aid packets too! We did find kool aid here, but it’s 30 cents a packet and there aren’t many flavors! We like all the weird flavors. There were also more bottles of sunscreen. It’s amazing how fast we go through them! I was so excited about everything in this package, it seriously felt like Christmas all over again!
We did something else really exciting tonight! We ordered tickets for a sailboat that will follow the Heineken Regatta race on Saturday March 7th. There will be 70 people on our boat. The tickets were $35 each and it includes an open bar! We thought that was a pretty good deal! Some friends are going too! There are at least 6 of us and maybe more still ordering tickets tomorrow. This will be so much fun!!!! (Good thing we brought “sea sick” patches…I think we’ll need them!) Phillip got a Heineken souvenir today! He got a backpack cooler/beach bag. It’s green and has Heineken huge on the top part and St. Maarten huge on the bottom part. The bottom section is actually a cooler and the top section is for your beach stuff. It came with a 12 pack of Heineken too! It’s pretty neat! He can’t wait to take it to the beach and says it’s even better now that he knows we have tickets to go to the Regatta!
Phillip’s parents bought Cubs tickets for the 4 of us to go to a game in Chicago when we’re back home on break! Hooray! That will be fun! Phillip is sooooo excited about it! He said he didn’t think he’d get to go to a game this year!
Last night I started coughing and got a sore throat. I took some air born was really hoping it would disappear by morning. I woke up this morning and just wanted to go back to sleep. So I did…slept till 10:00! I don’t feel terrible, but am definitely fighting a cold and just don’t have a lot of energy today.
Phillip came home after class and said several of them were meeting at the beach. He felt bad that I couldn’t go, but I told him not to worry about it! After all, I goof off frequently while he’s busy! I went to CIA to supply again this afternoon. I had a 5th grade class today and started off with recess duty! Fun stuff! It actually wasn’t too bad here. I never liked recess duty at home. These kids were pretty good at recess though! Then we had drama class. It was fun. The kids sat in a circle and we basically played games. The elementary kids leave at 2:15, so I got to leave then instead of at 2:30 like usual. That was nice!
As soon as I got home, Phillip and I left to go to Phillipsburg. It was time for the car inspection. All island cars have to be inspected once a year and our inspection sticker on our car said ours was due by the end of this month. The inspection was the biggest joke ever! Luckily it only cost $21.00 which wasn’t bad at all! We pulled into what looked like a long car wash. A guy was in there with our checklist, and telling us what to do. He had us to back up and was yelling things like “blinkers, left, right, brake.” Then he checked lights, brights, windshield wipers, and had Phillip to spray the windshield wiper fluid, drive slow, then brake, then drive fast, and brake! It was hilarious…he was just yelling what to do next and it was a fast process…only took a few minutes actually! I find it very funny that they seem to be so good about checking these things on cars that are all falling apart and never even run right! Three more of our friends have dead cars at the moment and are all probably calling Charles!!!! YIKES! These cars are terrible!
Then we went to the Post Office to pick up our package!!!!! We had to pay the fee of $4.25 to claim it. I was soooo happy to get it!
We stopped at Cost U Less on the way home again. We actually stopped to get a couple things for friends since we were passing right by there anyway. Then we saw that those bags of cookies were now on clearance for 28 cents a bag!!!!!! Oh my gosh!!! These are 1 pound, 1.6 oz bags too! So, um, we kind of maybe bought 12 bags! LOL!!! Don’t worry, we won’t keep them all. We’re planning to give some to friends. But we couldn’t pass that up! They were basically giving them away! Haha!
Then we went to Grand Marche for a couple things that weren’t at Cost U Less. I wanted lemon juice for my hair. Yes, that’s right, my hair! Lemon juice actually helps make my hair look highlighted. I used to always spray it in with a spray bottle, then comb through it, before going out in the sun. So I also needed a spray bottle. I couldn’t find one, so I asked a couple workers if they had any. They said no and asked what I wanted it for. I said for lemon juice and they said to drink?? I explain that it wasn’t to drink, it was for my hair. They probably had no clue why in the world I would want lemon juice for my hair! They questioned me a couple more times to make sure I wasn’t going to drink out of it, then gave me a spray bottle that was in their cart! It did have cleaner in it but was almost completely empty. She poured the little that was left onto her paper towels and told me to just make sure to wash it. I thought it was so nice that they did that for me!!!!! So now I have a spray bottle and lemon juice for the next time I go to the beach or pool. Fun stuff!
I finally got to open the package when we got home! I was so happy to see 2 new bikinis from Target!!!!! They’re so pretty!!! (Swimsuits are the one thing that most spouses wish they’d have brought more of, so I’m not the only one!) I was also very happy to see my work out shorts, 2 more pairs of sandals, and a couple tank tops. These were things that were stored in my parents’ garage, but that I wished I’d have brought! Phillip was very happy to get a VCR tape! That’s the only way to record things here. Old school huh?!? We were both excited about lots of kool aid packets too! We did find kool aid here, but it’s 30 cents a packet and there aren’t many flavors! We like all the weird flavors. There were also more bottles of sunscreen. It’s amazing how fast we go through them! I was so excited about everything in this package, it seriously felt like Christmas all over again!
We did something else really exciting tonight! We ordered tickets for a sailboat that will follow the Heineken Regatta race on Saturday March 7th. There will be 70 people on our boat. The tickets were $35 each and it includes an open bar! We thought that was a pretty good deal! Some friends are going too! There are at least 6 of us and maybe more still ordering tickets tomorrow. This will be so much fun!!!! (Good thing we brought “sea sick” patches…I think we’ll need them!) Phillip got a Heineken souvenir today! He got a backpack cooler/beach bag. It’s green and has Heineken huge on the top part and St. Maarten huge on the bottom part. The bottom section is actually a cooler and the top section is for your beach stuff. It came with a 12 pack of Heineken too! It’s pretty neat! He can’t wait to take it to the beach and says it’s even better now that he knows we have tickets to go to the Regatta!
Phillip’s parents bought Cubs tickets for the 4 of us to go to a game in Chicago when we’re back home on break! Hooray! That will be fun! Phillip is sooooo excited about it! He said he didn’t think he’d get to go to a game this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment