Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tennis lessons?!?!?!?

Today was a good day! Willow picked me up at 2:00 and we went to Simpson Bay so I could pay rent at the bank. She saved me from having to take a bus while carrying cash!

Then we went to the pharmacy because neither one of us had been. It was interesting! They have lots of stuff there. Prescription medicines at home are easy to get here and you don’t even need a prescription. And they aren’t even expensive! They are comparable in price to what I paid AFTER insurance at home! These prices are prices for everyone…you don’t turn it in to insurance. Just tell them what you want, pay, and walk out. Weird!

Next we went to Gourmet Marche, a smaller grocery store. Cost U Less is definitely cheaper, but is a lot like Sams. You just can’t get everything you need there. So I got some things at Gourmet Marche today! I got burrito shells, refried beans, shredded cheese, ranch salad dressing, and bread! (The refried beans were $2.50! Insane!!!) AND I got REAL MILK!!!! That will be a treat! Box milk is ok, but just not the same. It’s nice to keep on the shelves though for when we don’t get to the store often, or to cook with too since it’s cheaper. My half gallon of skim milk today cost $4.00! It’s going to taste soooo good though! We haven’t had any since we got here!

On the way back, we took a detour…only about 3 blocks out of our way. I had heard that there are tennis courts behind the strip club in Maho. It’s true!!! They don’t look great, but they’ll do! There was someone on the courts and he was watching us so I figured he must be a worker, so I went to talk to him. Turns out he’s the tennis pro! There’s an AUC discount, for $100 a year to play on their courts! Awesome deal! He said he has several clients around my level and would be able to introduce them to me if I take lessons too. His lessons are $150 for 15 half hour sessions. This is way cheaper than in the States!!! I think I’m going to do it! It would be a great way to meet some other players. (I’ll use my supply money to pay for it!) And the best part…Willow decided she wants to do it too!!!! I’m going to call Lucho (tennis pro) tomorrow and see if he can fit us in back to back, so we could carpool and watch each other’s lessons. I hope this works out!

It has been raining off and on all day, really hard at times! I don’t know if that’s what caused it (who knows since it happens so often) but the electricity went out again! It went out while I was washing dishes in the kitchen. Luckily I was almost finished, but it was still interesting to finish that job in the dark! It was only out for about 15 minutes this time, so no big deal at all! It’s so random how that happens so often!

1 comment:

  1. Your power is sounding like the power here in Kentucky! We've gotten a big snow/ice storm last week in January, and then this past week a big wind storm. There's places in Western Kentucky that haven't had power in like 3 weeks!

    ReplyDelete