Saturday, February 7, 2009

UGH

Phillip found out this morning that T. O. (Terrell Owens – Cowboys football player) really was at Tantra last night. Several people have pics on Facebook of him. Phillip is now really angry that our car didn’t start, because he would have loved to meet him!

I bought ground beef 2 days ago at the grocery store. The sell by date isn’t for 2 more days! I got it out to fix it tonight. (Last time, I cooked it all, then froze it in separate packages to use later.) It smelled terrible!!!!!! It had obviously already gone bad. Just looking at the date doesn’t always guarantee that the food here will be ok. So I had to throw out my 1.8 pound package (which cost $9.00) of ground beef! Also, Phillip’s pop tarts were moldy again yesterday. These pop tarts are totally sealed up and not expired. Soooo weird! And you don’t just take things back to the store like you do in the States…just doesn’t work like that here! UGH!!!!

We walked to the casino’s ATM to withdraw rent money today. The ATM wasn’t working. Go figure…I was assuming the island was out of money just like it was out of electricity and water yesterday! However, we found another ATM on the corner and it worked. It had a lower withdrawal limit, but it worked at least.

Phillip had a review session today from 2:00 – 4:00 at school. He left around 1:50 and got home at 2:10!!! Walked there just to find someone placing a sign on the door saying it was cancelled. Geez!

Needless to say, we’re more than a little frustrated with the island this weekend. Phillip got out the Wii so he could box…said it was a good stress reliever! I just fought back tears for a few minutes, but it’s ok…I won, no tears!

This evening was better though. Phillip had a quiet evening studying and said he got lots done. I went next door to Heather’s, along with a couple other girls, for a “Tips and Toes” party. (I had to ask what that was originally…it’s painting fingernails and toenails!) I took my nail art stuff and the girls loved it! They had never seen anything like it and thought it was so neat!!! They had polish that I was really excited to try! It’s from Del Sol, a store here on the island. Everything in the store changes colors in the sun. So I used a polish on my fingernails that is totally clear, but changes to pink in the sunlight! COOL! (I’ll post pics of it tomorrow! I can’t wait to see how it looks in the sun!)

No comments:

Post a Comment