I went for the walk again this morning! It was cool at first, but all of a sudden got really hot on the walk! It was quite a switch!
I supplied for a 9th grade Social Studies class today. (They don’t have the names freshman, sophomore, etc. that we use at home. Here it’s just 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grades. That was hard to get used to.) My class only had 8 students, but had a couple in there that I already knew would test me. I quickly moved one boy up to the front of the room, away from the rest. He played tough and wouldn’t work for a few minutes. Then suddenly for the rest of the class, he was like a different kid. He even read aloud and answered questions…whoa!
Phillip finally got a package today…the textbook he ordered almost 3 weeks ago from Amazon! It’s not one they had to have for class, but one that everyone likes to help them study. Just glad it finally arrived! He also got a note saying that his other package is in Phillipsburg ready to be picked up. This is the package that Mom sent 2 weeks ago today! Even though she paid a fortune to ship it here, apparently some shipping fee or tax or something wasn’t included. So we have to go there and pay $4.70 to pick it up, instead of them delivering it to school like is supposed to happen. The money isn’t a problem, but getting there during hours that they’re open could be. Oh and we have no clue where it’s at either. We’re hoping to figure that out tomorrow. At least it’s on the island now! (I absolutely cannot wait to get this package!!!!! Mom sent several things I wished I would have packed, but she also bought me 2 new bikinis from Target!!!!! I am soooooo excited!!!!)
After Phillip’s lab today, we picked up Mark and Sean and took them grocery shopping. We found some junk food on sale at Cost U Less, so stocked up!!!! Bags of chips for $2.50…they were weird flavors, but we got one of each. We’ll see how they are. The flavors are: Spicy, Moutarde Pickles, Bolognaise, and Poulet roti et thym. (Don’t worry, we don’t know what they are either!!!!) So that should be interesting! Then there were bags of assorted cookies on sale for $1.41. We got 2 bags. We had no clue if they’d be any good or not. I tried them this evening and they’re awesome!!!! The sell by date is February 21st, which is why there were on sale. I’m just impressed they were watching the dates to begin with!
Then on the way back, we all got McDonalds food! Yikes, all this junk in one week…I’m going to gain back the weight I lost! (Sure hope not!)
Phillip went to a Phlebotomy workshop this evening. They got into pairs and practiced drawing blood from each other! AAAHHHH! Phillip did really well and got blood on the first try with both types of needles! His partner did get blood on the first try from Phillip too, but jabbed a little hard with the second needle and Phillip already has a bruise! It might look ugly by morning!
We’re looking forward to watching CSI tonight! Fun!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment