Thursday, March 12, 2009

Adventures with Jane

I seriously think Jane and I did a week’s worth of adventures today in 12 hours!!! She picked me up at 8:40 this morning and we went to Grande Cas (doubt I spelled that right) which is the beach where we find sea glass! We found lots of great pieces for her to use for her jewelry!!! Then we went to her timeshare at the Royal Islander…very nice place!!! She had told me I should do laundry there because it’s only $3.00 a load...$1.50 to wash and $1.50 to dry. I couldn’t pass up that offer! So I started laundry, then went back to her room. She heated up leftover shrimp pasta for lunch. We had the pasta, garlic bread, cheese and crackers, and grapes. The pasta was delicious!!!! We ate on the balcony, which overlooks the pool and has the most amazing view of the ocean…which is just over the pool deck ledge. Beautiful view! Then she brought out a pan of water and we rinsed all of our sea glass treasures and spread them out to dry. They were so pretty! We found several turquoise pieces today, which are rare. I even found a clear piece that had a hint of purple to it! Purple is very rare. One of the bright blue pieces had “VAP” written on it. We think it was a piece from an old Vic’s Vapor Rub bottle! Crazy! Once my laundry was finished, we went to the pool bar. We were just in time for happy hour – 2 for 1 drinks! So we each had a frozen banana daiquiri! Then she ordered a second round…then a third! We also shared a chicken (with peanut sauce) appetizer…yummy! The pool was freezing cold. Hardly anyone was even in it. So we decided to get in the hot tub instead! That was nice and so relaxing! Then we loaded up her stuff that belongs here in storage and headed back to Tradewinds. Before leaving, she gave us some toys to use…a basketball, a pool noodle, and a boogie board! Fun! It’s sad that she leaves tomorrow already! She is trying to buy another place here in Tradewinds though. If she does, she’ll be back sometime soon to work on it. That would be fun! I had the best day, but I am so completely worn out! I told Phillip when I got home, that I wasn’t sure what I wanted more…food, shower, or just go straight to bed. (I chose the shower…which woke me up long enough to eat a bowl of cereal and type this. Now time for bed…g’night!)

No comments:

Post a Comment