Monday, March 9, 2009

Air Conditioner

I really wanted to go for the walk this morning, but woke up again during the night coughing. I’m still afraid that a LONG walk might wear me out and make it worse though, so I didn’t go. I really miss the walks!!! I did go to the dorms this morning to meet a new spouse. Her husband is in Phillip’s class, but they have a 5 month old and she decided not to come right at first. She arrived on the island on Saturday and is trying to adjust to island life. How well I remember those first few days when everything is exciting, overwhelming, frustrating, and sometimes downright scary. So I went to the dorms this morning to meet her and see how she was doing. The baby (Abby) is sooooo cute. I had fun holding her and playing with her while Kristin made some phone calls and tried to take care of some things. This evening I met her again and we went for a short walk. I showed her where we live and pointed out a few of the things within walking distance. I pushed Abby’s stroller most of the time. It had been a long time since I pushed a stroller…it was nice!

They started on the wall today and were working with jackhammers right outside our windows!!! It was so loud I absolutely couldn’t stand it! I had to shut the windows, but then it was HOT within minutes. I couldn’t stand the thought of opening the windows again with that noise, so I gave in and turned on the AIR CONDITIONER!!!! It was so nice. It felt amazing in here. The air works great and made it cool off quickly. We were able to turn it off after a couple of hours and the apartment actually stayed cool the rest of the day. Impressive!

Phillip had a review session tonight from 7:00 – 9:00. He was dreading it because he’s been so tired all day. He’s been fighting this crazy cold again. I just hope it’s getting better, not worse! Block 3 is a week from today, so a major study week is ahead.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad the A/C works for August! Hope you guys are doing ok. We've got a great day here...about 75 degrees and windy outside this evening. I have all the apartment windows open, and it just smells fresh and outdoorsy. Simon's racing from window to window to make sure he doesn't miss out on anything.

    ReplyDelete