Sunday, March 1, 2009

Our First Visitor!











Wow, is it really March already?!?!? That means we get to go home to visit next month!!! I love the sound of that!

We had a visitor last night around midnight! Phillip was sleeping…I was awake, of course! (Another sleepless night because of coughing.) I had just gone to the bathroom, and was getting ready to open the bathroom door afterwards and almost stepped on something!!!!! A teeny tiny baby lizard! It was so cute! I was debating what to do…I wanted to turn it loose outside. But how to catch it??? I was thinking put a bowl over it, then slide paper under it. But I couldn’t open the door. So I looked around, and grabbed the lid off a bottle of shave gel. I wasn’t very convinced that I’d be quick enough to capture it! But the little thing was probably scared to death and didn’t move at all! It was so little, it fit under the little cap perfectly! I didn’t want to wake Phillip, but knew he’d be mad if I didn’t. He loves lizards and iguanas…would like an iguana for a pet…AGH! So I ran upstairs and woke him. He woke up pretty quick at the mention of a lizard and took off toward the bathroom. He slid paper underneath and thought it was so funny that you could see the little guy through the lid! I ran for the camera and we took pics of our little buddy! We didn’t take the lid off him till we were outside on our balcony. He just sat there not moving for the longest time, till Phillip scooted the paper a little. Then he took off! Cute! (And yes, Phillip was glad I woke him!)

So I slept for about an hour and a half last night before waking up coughing. I gave up and read most of the night. Slept a little off and on and then did sleep for another hour this morning. Ugh!

The worst news is…Phillip has a sore throat and is super tired today. That’s how I started off. I feel so bad for getting him sick! That’s all he needs! I made him start taking Airborn as soon as he told me. Hopefully that will help him some! (We swear that Airborn helps as long as you start taking it soon enough!!!)

I started playing Euchre online on Pogo.com again! I used to play sometimes in college. Mom and I would meet online at a certain time and be partners. That was fun! I’ll have to talk her into doing that again! (Pogo is free and really easy to sign up for. If anyone is interested in playing, let me know!) Lately, Mom and I have been doing something else silly. We’ve been working puzzles online! The website is http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/daily-jigsaw and they have a different puzzle every day. There are also categories underneath so you can pick your own puzzle. There are some really pretty scenes. We make sure to start at the same time and see who works the puzzle faster! I used to win in the beginning, but now I can hardly ever beat her! She’s good! :-) Something fun that we can still do together even though we’re a million miles away…


Phillip had an Anatomy review session this evening, so we were planning to have an early dinner. I thought it might be a treat to have pizza since he wasn’t feeling great. I offered to walk and pick it up at Pizza Dan’s. I got like 3 feet outside the gate and remember he’s closed on Sundays!!! Darn the luck…that figures! Sad thing is, that’s the second time we’ve tried to do that on a Sunday! Haha! Maybe we’ll learn one of these days!
I brought this little cross stitch ornament along here thinking I'd surely have lots of free time and need some random things to do. I really enjoyed doing this one, but finished it too quickly!!! I didn't do the eyes yet (because Mom has to show me how to do the little knots!!!) but the rest is finished. I didn't want to snap it together yet, since it's not completely done, but thought I'd post a pic anyway. Cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment