I was too tired last night and went to bed without blogging! To my daily readers, I’m sorry for missing a day! Hopefully the pictures today will make up for it! ;-)
Yesterday was such a great day! We woke up at 6:00 (that part wasn’t so great…too early for all of us!) and picked up Mark, Sean, and Nick at the guard gate (AUC) at 7:00. Alicia, Jenna, TingTing, and Christina were in another car just ahead of us. We were all ready for the morning on a boat! We were supposed to arrive by 8:00, but the bridge was scheduled to open at 7:30. Sometimes it stays open for a long time, so we needed to cross the bridge before then! We crossed at 7:25 and were so happy that we made it! We arrived at Pelican Resort, where Aqua Mania was scheduled to begin the boat trip. We parked and cracked up laughing at the car next to us! The hubcaps were held on with zip strips…guess they thought that was one extra precaution to keep people from stealing them! We were so excited to find a little convenient store. We grabbed breakfast foods and set off toward the water. We checked in, received our boarding passes, and waited till time to board. 3 more guys met us there, so there were 12 of us in our group…all first semester students. What a fun group!!! The boat held 70 people and was completely booked. Another spouse had told me about boat trips like this one and I happened to find this one online. AUC was advertising another boat trip, but it was all day and $150 per ticket. Our tickets were $35 each and I don’t think we would have lived through an all day adventure. There were some huge waves and some sea sick people. Thank goodness for the Transderm Scop (patches for motion sickness) patch behind my ear. I am 100% sure I would have been one of the sick ones if not for that little sticker. With the patch, I was perfectly fine!
The boat ride was a lot of fun. It was a 2 and a half hour trip, and then they even kept us out a little longer! We got to see all sorts of awesome sailboats! We couldn’t exactly figure out how the race worked at first. Toward the end, though, we were right up by the best action! The big orange bouy is what the boats had to go around. So we got to see them racing toward it, turn around it, and then race off in the other direction! We got to see one boat fly past and take over another one. We even saw one almost tip. It was completely sideways, sail in the water!! It somehow managed to stay upright though…impressive! They were serving beer, rum punch, rum and coke, and wine throughout the morning…no extra cost. I took total advantage of that and maybe had a LITTLE too much rum punch! HA! How long has it been since I’ve drank in the morning?!?!?
After the boat trip, we went back into the convenience store because we remembered that they had T-shirts there. We decided it was such a fun morning that we had to have T-shirts to remember it by! Then our group split up. Phillip and 4 others came back to take naps so they could get started studying afterwards. I stayed with the girls and we met the third carload for lunch. We went to Lee’s and I had the best fish sandwich. It was soooo good!
They dropped me off at home to change, then Alicia and I met at the pool. The water felt so good and it was so relaxing after a crazy morning!
Phillip had his mock exam (practice exam) today at 11:00. I was supposed to meet a 5th semester spouse at school at 11:45 to buy a beach blanket from him. (Several of the girls have these big beach blanket/mat things that they put under their towels. The mats keep the sand off all your stuff.) I owed him $5.00 and the smallest bill I had was a $10. So I walked down to the casino. I decided to go ahead and break a $50 while I was there. (The only way to get cash here is from the ATM’s and they give you 50’s…which are a pain to have!) So I figured I’d put in my $50, spend a dollar or two, then cash out. That way I’d have to get a 5 and/or 1’s. Well…I started winning. I got up to $54 something…I couldn’t cash out at that because then I wouldn’t get a 5!!! LOL! So (darn) I had to keep playing. I quit when I had $49. I played for a long time to lose that dollar! :-) I enjoyed it…I really like this one penny machine that gives bonus games. I won $6 something in one spin today on that machine!
I came back home and changed before meeting Willow halfway to the school. She walked to school with me. (The beach blanket was NOT what I was expecting…it looks more like a beach blanket for kids! I mean it’s big…but just looks like something a Mom would want for her kids…OOPS!) Oh well, it could still come in handy and was only $5.00! Then Willow and I came back here to put on lots of sunscreen, then headed to the pool. It was hot today, so we sat in the pool a lot. The shallow end has a step around one corner that people sit on so that you’re sitting in the water. It’s pretty nice. Very relaxing! Then we laid out for awhile to dry off. I had really missed hanging out with Willow and the other girls! I feel like I’d been stuck inside too much with being sick for a couple weeks!
We all had papers on our cars last week, telling us that we can’t park in our normal parking lot this week. They are building a wall around our complex, so that it will be a gated complex. They’re supposedly going to be working on our section this week, so needed all cars moved. The paper said to move them to the back lot. So this evening, we tried to, but couldn’t get the gate to open! We don’t have a key for it because we aren’t normally supposed to park there! So we gave up and were driving back to our section, when we saw one of the guards over near the gate. So we drove back and asked him about it. He was no help whatsoever, and said he didn’t know how to open the gate! So we drove back to our lot again! A different security guard was over by our side, so we asked him if he knew where we should park. He said, yes, park in the other lot and said he had a key if we wanted him to open it for us! Soooo…we drove back again! Third time’s the charm! Can’t ever expect something to work on the first try here, that’s for sure!!!!
Yesterday was such a great day! We woke up at 6:00 (that part wasn’t so great…too early for all of us!) and picked up Mark, Sean, and Nick at the guard gate (AUC) at 7:00. Alicia, Jenna, TingTing, and Christina were in another car just ahead of us. We were all ready for the morning on a boat! We were supposed to arrive by 8:00, but the bridge was scheduled to open at 7:30. Sometimes it stays open for a long time, so we needed to cross the bridge before then! We crossed at 7:25 and were so happy that we made it! We arrived at Pelican Resort, where Aqua Mania was scheduled to begin the boat trip. We parked and cracked up laughing at the car next to us! The hubcaps were held on with zip strips…guess they thought that was one extra precaution to keep people from stealing them! We were so excited to find a little convenient store. We grabbed breakfast foods and set off toward the water. We checked in, received our boarding passes, and waited till time to board. 3 more guys met us there, so there were 12 of us in our group…all first semester students. What a fun group!!! The boat held 70 people and was completely booked. Another spouse had told me about boat trips like this one and I happened to find this one online. AUC was advertising another boat trip, but it was all day and $150 per ticket. Our tickets were $35 each and I don’t think we would have lived through an all day adventure. There were some huge waves and some sea sick people. Thank goodness for the Transderm Scop (patches for motion sickness) patch behind my ear. I am 100% sure I would have been one of the sick ones if not for that little sticker. With the patch, I was perfectly fine!
The boat ride was a lot of fun. It was a 2 and a half hour trip, and then they even kept us out a little longer! We got to see all sorts of awesome sailboats! We couldn’t exactly figure out how the race worked at first. Toward the end, though, we were right up by the best action! The big orange bouy is what the boats had to go around. So we got to see them racing toward it, turn around it, and then race off in the other direction! We got to see one boat fly past and take over another one. We even saw one almost tip. It was completely sideways, sail in the water!! It somehow managed to stay upright though…impressive! They were serving beer, rum punch, rum and coke, and wine throughout the morning…no extra cost. I took total advantage of that and maybe had a LITTLE too much rum punch! HA! How long has it been since I’ve drank in the morning?!?!?
After the boat trip, we went back into the convenience store because we remembered that they had T-shirts there. We decided it was such a fun morning that we had to have T-shirts to remember it by! Then our group split up. Phillip and 4 others came back to take naps so they could get started studying afterwards. I stayed with the girls and we met the third carload for lunch. We went to Lee’s and I had the best fish sandwich. It was soooo good!
They dropped me off at home to change, then Alicia and I met at the pool. The water felt so good and it was so relaxing after a crazy morning!
Phillip had his mock exam (practice exam) today at 11:00. I was supposed to meet a 5th semester spouse at school at 11:45 to buy a beach blanket from him. (Several of the girls have these big beach blanket/mat things that they put under their towels. The mats keep the sand off all your stuff.) I owed him $5.00 and the smallest bill I had was a $10. So I walked down to the casino. I decided to go ahead and break a $50 while I was there. (The only way to get cash here is from the ATM’s and they give you 50’s…which are a pain to have!) So I figured I’d put in my $50, spend a dollar or two, then cash out. That way I’d have to get a 5 and/or 1’s. Well…I started winning. I got up to $54 something…I couldn’t cash out at that because then I wouldn’t get a 5!!! LOL! So (darn) I had to keep playing. I quit when I had $49. I played for a long time to lose that dollar! :-) I enjoyed it…I really like this one penny machine that gives bonus games. I won $6 something in one spin today on that machine!
I came back home and changed before meeting Willow halfway to the school. She walked to school with me. (The beach blanket was NOT what I was expecting…it looks more like a beach blanket for kids! I mean it’s big…but just looks like something a Mom would want for her kids…OOPS!) Oh well, it could still come in handy and was only $5.00! Then Willow and I came back here to put on lots of sunscreen, then headed to the pool. It was hot today, so we sat in the pool a lot. The shallow end has a step around one corner that people sit on so that you’re sitting in the water. It’s pretty nice. Very relaxing! Then we laid out for awhile to dry off. I had really missed hanging out with Willow and the other girls! I feel like I’d been stuck inside too much with being sick for a couple weeks!
We all had papers on our cars last week, telling us that we can’t park in our normal parking lot this week. They are building a wall around our complex, so that it will be a gated complex. They’re supposedly going to be working on our section this week, so needed all cars moved. The paper said to move them to the back lot. So this evening, we tried to, but couldn’t get the gate to open! We don’t have a key for it because we aren’t normally supposed to park there! So we gave up and were driving back to our section, when we saw one of the guards over near the gate. So we drove back and asked him about it. He was no help whatsoever, and said he didn’t know how to open the gate! So we drove back to our lot again! A different security guard was over by our side, so we asked him if he knew where we should park. He said, yes, park in the other lot and said he had a key if we wanted him to open it for us! Soooo…we drove back again! Third time’s the charm! Can’t ever expect something to work on the first try here, that’s for sure!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment