Saturday, March 14, 2009

Game Night!

I drove over to BB’s this morning at 8:45 to meet Willow, Julia, and Alicia. We went to Grande Case…the sea glass beach! It was already high tide when we got there, which is not good for sea glass hunting at all! Guess we should have gone even earlier! So we just took a long walk down the beach. It was really a great day to be out. We waded in the water and just enjoyed the walk. We saw a shipwreck at the end of the beach…the boat looked like it had been there for years! It was crazy! On the walk back, the waves had calmed down a little and we were able to start finding sea glass! We didn’t find tons, but did end up each finding quite a bit. I’m glad we were able to find some! I found the biggest bright blue piece I’ve ever seen! I was so excited about it…usually the blue ones are tiny! Then we went to a little restaurant on the beach (Zen It) and had a beer and appetizers. I got mozzarela sticks! They were soooo good! They came with lettuce, a tomato slice, a cucumber slice, and ranch dip. YUM! (Three of us got a Carib…might as well when water cost like $2.50 and either soda or beer cost $3.00! Why not get the beer?!?)

I tried to get a few things done around here this afternoon, but was so tired that I didn’t accomplish much! Julia said she took a 2 hour nap…maybe that’s what I should have done! Mom, Tina, and I did work several puzzles online though! That’s so fun to do together! This evening, Phillip met a friend in lab to review everything. Julia, Alicia, and I went over to Willow’s for a game night! I taught them how to play Shanghai! We played 5 rounds, then decided it was time for bed. We’ll have to finish the game another night. They seemed to like it though, so I hope we play more often!

I had on my facebook message that I was at Game Night and Alicia (student Alicia, not spouse Alicia) commented “I'm jealous that you are at game night and I am spending quality time with dead bodies!” Too funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment