Christina, Gary, and I went to play tennis this morning! I love being on the tennis courts again! It just makes me happy! Haha, sounds corny I know, but it does!!!!
I spent too much of the afternoon in the kitchen…washing dishes, then washing out a bunch of clothes by hand. It doesn’t bother me as much as it used to…guess it seems normal now.
Gotta love island time! Our mechanic was supposed to meet us around 1:30 and said he’d call us when he got over to our area. He’s usually late like all of the islanders, but this time he never even called! We can’t be mad at him…we really like and trust him! This is just normal here!!! The spouses just had this conversation last night even. Anytime someone makes an appointment, usually it means they’ll be here 2-3 days later!!! And at the very least, they’re expected to be several hours late. Time just doesn’t matter here. People live such a slow paced life! It’s hard to adjust to, especially when you’re sitting around waiting for someone. But who are we to complain? We’re living in their land and this is the way they live!
I made ramen noodle salad this afternoon! Yummy! We took that and a bottle of wine to a friend’s apartment for dinner. There was a group of 10 of us. It was fun and dinner was amazing! Lasagna, cheesy garlic bread, 2 salads, cinnamon rolls, and lots of wine! Delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment