Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Grocery Day

Phillip and I walked to Sapphire Resort during his lunch break to get his hair cut! They give a student discount, so guys’ cuts are only $15. That’s not bad really! His hair had gotten really long, so he was super glad to get it cut. He has really gotten tan lately, so now that his hair is cut short, you can see tan lines from his longer hair! (He’ll probably kill me for posting that, so if this is my last blog, you’ll know why!)

Then I walked to CIA to get my February check! I hadn’t ever cashed my January check yet, so wanted to cash both today.

Willow came over at 1:30 with Lucy, her little puppy, and we walked to the casino so I could go to the ATM again for rent money. Then we picked up Kristin and baby Abby. So we had 3 of us, a baby, and a puppy. Quite the carload!!! We parked outside the bank and I went in to pay rent while Willow went to the mailbox. I had heard that I have to pay a fee to have checks cashed…a certain percent of each check. I was wondering if I would deposit the checks into Jane’s account though, if I wouldn’t get charged like I would if I cashed them. Sure enough, they let me deposit the checks as part of my rent money! Then we went to an electronics store so Kristin could get a cell phone. They were out of sim cards though…imagine that! Willow and I were going grocery shopping later so said we’d pick up the sim card at another store for her.

We came back to Cupecoy, dropped off Kristin and baby Abby, talked to Heather (spouse next door) for awhile, then dropped Lucy (puppy) off at home with Willow’s fiancé, then headed to Philipsburg to go grocery shopping. That’s always an adventure. We went to Cost U Less and Grand Marche. The two of us totally filled up my little car!!!! Two and a half hours later, we were finally home!!! And sooo worn out! We dropped off Kristin’s sim card, then I dropped off Willow and called Phillip to beg him to help me carry up groceries. I don’t mind doing the shopping, but it sure is nice to have help carrying everything up those three flights of stairs!

I am so excited about some of the goodies that I bought at Grand Marche!!!! They had “LeYogurt” on sale. Isn’t that a funny brand name? Hope it tastes like normal yogurt! I also splurged and bought oranges, bananas, baby carrots, TROPICANA orange juice, real milk, and chicken patties. YUM!!! I have decided I can’t stand box milk. Real milk is just sooooo much better! So now I splurge and buy real milk whenever I go shopping. In between, I have to force myself to use box milk. And Tropicana orange juice is just so good. I bought it when I was sick and I’ve been craving it again ever since then. Delicious! I also bought two more boxes of Otter Pops at Cost U Less. Can’t wait to get into those! (Can’t afford ice cream here…guess this is as close as we can get!) I finally remembered to buy fingernail polish remover at Grand Marche today. BUT of course, they were out! Figures! Oh and Phillip discovered these weird tortilla chips a few weeks ago at Cost U Less. We loved them so couldn’t wait to get more. Of course, they were gone too. Stores don’t necessarily get the same things in stock more than once. People always say to stock up if you find something good!

I met Heather outside again this evening to trade stuff. She wanted Otter Pops, so I got her a box also! And she gave me another bag full of books to read. Nice trade! Heather is a 5th semester spouse…which means she’ll be leaving in April. That will be sad. We don’t really hang out all that often, but I sure enjoy the times that we do!

Jane has been on the island for a few days with a friend. She’s stopped by twice and she called today. I think we may hang out tomorrow as long as I’m not supplying! Fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment