Sunday, March 29, 2009

Plane Tickets!

I woke up with a horrible sore throat! AGAIN! What is up with this?!?!? I was really tired too, and I had gotten about 9 hours of sleep. After being up for only a couple hours, I fell asleep on the couch and slept 2 more hours! Yikes! So, I started taking cold meds again. WHY do I keep getting better, then seem to get it again? Ridiculous!!! Oh well, the rest of the day I felt totally fine, besides the sore throat which still hasn’t gone away.

I picked Christina up at 4:15 and we headed to Simpson Bay to go to church. (Thank goodness the car actually worked today! Last Sunday, we never made it to church because of that stupid pathetic car.) Church was great!!! Father talked about doing good deeds for others and even if it seems like the favors aren’t being returned, God is watching and it will be worth it one day. So true and a very good reminder! Christina loved the church too!! I was so glad! There’s just something about this tiny little church that is so perfect. The pews only hold 100 people! (Yes I did the math today since we were there half an hour early! You have to be really early to get a seat!) They have added chairs in the side isles! And there are 2 rows of chairs forming a half circle to the sides and back of the Alter for people to sit up there too! Yet there are still people standing in the back! That’s how popular this little church is!

After church, we stopped to pick up Subway. I got a footlong turkey for Phillip and I to split. I asked them to cut it uneven so one half was bigger than the other, that way Phillip could have the bigger half. The lady thought I was crazy, but laughed once I explained why. I thought it was a good idea! With the AUC discount, the total was $5.50! I couldn’t believe it…what a good deal! We should definitely do that more often. It was so good!

After dinner, we BOUGHT OUR PLANE TICKETS! Phillip will be returning to the island on May 4th because classes start the 5th. I’m staying in Indiana till May 16th!!!! (We are going home on April 25th!) I am so excited to go home! We’re doing fine here really, but we can’t wait to go home and see our families! I’m really excited to stay there longer too! Phillip will have to survive here on his own for awhile but I think he can handle it…at least I hope so! (He may actually have to wash dishes!!!)

1 comment:

  1. Hey looking forward to maybe seeing you! Just let me know where you'll be when. And what's with your cold? Thinking about seeing a doctor--maybe when you're back? Maybe it's some sort of infection? Or it could just be allergies. When I switched to a cheaper allergy medicine, I felt like I had a cold (stuffy runny nose, tired, cough) for MONTHS until I switched meds again. Simon says hi. He just walked past and nudged me.

    ReplyDelete