It was another great day! I met another 5th semester spouse at noon today at school and bought a huge fan and a muffin tin from her. The fan is great and even has a remote! Very nice!
This afternoon, Heather and I went to Philipsburg. I was good…didn’t buy a thing! But it was fun just walking around and looking in the shops. I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of that. She showed me a neat little shortcut to get there too. It definitely cuts out a few minutes and quite a bit of traffic! She also told me about another beach and showed me how to get there. It’s a public beach, but it’s located behind a resort with a gate. You have to tell the guard that you’re going to the beach and then he’ll let you in. Heather said that because of this, there are usually only resort people there and that it’s really nice.
This evening, Kathy had a “Girls’ Night IN.” She knew all the guys would be studying since Block 3 is Monday, so figured we’d all get together and watch a movie. We watched “Secret Life of Bees.” I read that book for one of my classes at USI. There were 12 of us total. Such a great group! Kathy and 2 of the other spouses that were there had their baby girls with them and it was so cute listening to them make their little noises. I think they were trying to talk to each other! They ranged in age from about 4 months to 8 months. Adorable!
I was looking around the room tonight at the girls and was just overwhelmed with how lucky I felt. These girls are great! The spouses organization is the greatest thing ever! It has provided us with a way to meet some really great friends!!! It sure is nice to have friends!!!! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment